1st Marking Period Binder Contents Check
Contents and organization will be
checked on: ??
*Binder collection will be on: ??
(Dates subject to change)
Updated 6-26-20, 1:30 pm
*You must keep an organized binder (no smaller than 1 inch binding and no bigger than 2 inches binding) and 5 folders for all of your papers during each marking period. You will need loose college-ruled paper or a notebook to take paper out for written assignments. One folder should be titled CURRENT WORK, so that you can easily store/access current assignments that are soon due.
You should have 5 separate folders, all labeled
*The outside of each can be labeled 1, 2, 3, or 4 and placed in the following order:
- Honors Binder Organization Format (updated 1/13/20)
*Below is the specific work to be collected in your Current Marking Period Binder: If I did not give back any assignment to your class, you will not be responsible for having it in your binder!
Updated grade progress sheet (folder 1 on left)
Class syllabus packet (folder 3 on left at bottom)
Lab Guidelines contract & Safety Procedures (folder 4 on left)
Label the inside of each folder with the underlined (bulleted) information for each appropriate side:
*Folder 1 –
- Handouts (1st folder on left)
- Grade progress sheet - paper keeping track of test/quiz/project grades (only) for the current marking period. You have to list what topics (and what you learned on any question you got wrong - at least 3 total) that you need to independently go over again on in-class tests! For your chosen questions, write the section numbers of your textbook where each topic can be found, to review them. This will serve as a study guide for future benchmark tests and the SGO given 3rd marking period.
*What should be listed:
- Chapter Notes/Outlines - (in order on right):
(Notes or Outlines are required to complete for every chapter)
- Cornell notes information packet (given week of ??)
*Folder 2 –
- Worksheets and Post-tests (2nd folder on left) - Keep Post-tests together!
*Post-Test Quizzes: (Only put your scores).
- Vocab & Test Study Guides (2nd folder on right)
*Folder 3 –
- Chapter Menus with work (3rd folder on left)
- Class Syllabus
- Work Packets (in order on right)
*Folder 4 –
- Lab Guidelines & Safety Procedures (4th folder on left)
- Lab Safety Contract / Rules
- Lab records sheet of group lab or project scores only - list name of each lab, group #, and each group lab’s final score.
- What should be listed:
- MP 1:
- MP 2:
- MP 3:
- MP 4:
- Lab Reports / Projects / Activities (in order on right)