3rd Marking Period Binder Contents Check
Contents and organization will be
checked on: 4/1/20
*Binder collection will be on: 4/3/20
(Dates subject to change if there are snow days)
Updated 2-25-20, 2:10 pm
*You must keep an organized binder (no smaller than 1 inch binding and no bigger than 2 inches binding) and 4 folders for all of your papers during each marking period. You will need loose college-ruled paper or a notebook to take paper out for written assignments.
You should have 4 separate folders, all labeled
*The outside of each can be labeled 1, 2, 3, or 4 and placed in the following order:
- Honors Binder Organization Format (updated 1/13/20)
*Below is the specific work to be collected in your Current Marking Period Binder: If I did not give back any assignment to your class, you will not be responsible for having it in your binder!
Updated grade progress sheet (folder 1 on left)
Class syllabus packet (folder 3 on left at bottom)
Lab Guidelines contract & Safety Procedures (folder 4 on left)
Label the inside of each folder with the underlined (bulleted) information for each appropriate side:
*Folder 1 –
- Handouts (1st folder on left)
- Chapter 8 Objectives
- Chapter 7 Objectives
- Book Cover Instructions
- Edmodo contract
- Tips in Doing Well in Biology sheet
- Grade progress sheet - paper keeping track of test/quiz/project grades (only) for the current marking period. You have to list what topics (and what you learned on any question you got wrong - at least 3 total) that you need to independently go over again on in-class tests! For your chosen questions, write the section numbers of your textbook where each topic can be found, to review them. This will serve as a study guide for future benchmark tests and the SGO given 3rd marking period.
*What should be listed:
- Ch. 7 Test
- Chapter Notes/Outlines - (in order on right):
(Notes or Outlines are required to complete for every chapter)
- Ch. 8 Notes (all sections)
- Ch. 7 Notes (skip section 12)
- Cornell notes information packet (given week of 10/8)
*Folder 2 –
- Worksheets and Post-tests (2nd folder on left) - Keep Post-tests together!
- "Ch. 7 Quiz" sheet
- Ch. 7 Photosynthesis Overview sheet (with labels and questions).
- Ch. 7 Discussion questions sheet with EMS sheet attached.
*Post-Test Quizzes: On Edmodo only! (Only put your scores from Edmodo).
- Chapter 7
- Vocab & Test Study Guides (2nd folder on right)
- Ch. 8 test study guide sheet
- Ch. 8 vocab matching sheet (sections 8.1-8.2)
- Ch. 8 Vocab sheet
- Ch. 7 test study guide sheet
- Ch. 7 Vocab sheet
*Folder 3 –
- Chapter Menus with work (3rd folder on left)
- NO Ch 7 Menu
- Class Syllabus
- Work Packets (in order on right)
- Ch. 8 Mitosis Reading Objectives packet
- Ch. 8 Study Guide packet
- Ch. 7 Practice Test
- Ch. 7 Work Packet
*Folder 4 –
- Lab Guidelines & Safety Procedures (4th folder on left)
- Lab Safety Contract / Rules
- Lab records sheet of group lab or project scores only - list name of each lab, group #, and each group lab’s final score.
- What should be listed:
- MP 1:
- Sailing Stones Experiment and 6 scenario hypotheses group assignment (week of 9/23).
- Water is Life STEAM group project.
- MP 2:
- Iron Chef Macromolecules project
- Cell size - cube blocks - activity
- Cell Organelle Election
- Case of 7 Deaths group assignment
- MP 3:
- Cellular Respiration Board Game project
- Ch. 7 group discussion questions (Photosynthesis)
- Global Climate Change mini research project
- Lab Reports / Projects / Activities (in order on right)
- Muscle Fatigue lab packet
- Toothpickase lab packet
- Global Climate Change Mini Research Project (group)
- CR and Photosynthesis Flip Book
- Cellular Respiration Project rubric (1 per group)
- BMR calcuations sheet with snack information and quantity of snack for BMR