Resources to provide relaxtion and "brain breaks"
Mindfulness can add to the quality of our lives in numerous ways, from nurturing a sense of inner peace to improving the quality of a workout, from enhancing self-confidence to facilitating deeper and more menaingful relationships with others.
In children specifically, mindfulness has been found to:
- Enhance focus in children with ADHD (Zhang et al., 2016)
- Reduce attention problems (Crescentini, Capurso, Furlan, & Fabbro, 2016).
- Improve mental health and wellbeing
- Improve social skills when well taugh and practiced in children and adoloscents
The following link, provides 25 Mindfulness activites that you may want to try!
1. Deep Breathing
2. Realaxtion stretching
3. Stress Balls or stress fidgets
4. Count to 10
5. Drawing, coloring a picture or journaling
6. Guided meditation (Open the following link in a new tab)