St. Martin Parish
Parks (1st-6th), and St. Martinville (1st-5th)
Email: [email protected]
Phone Number: 337-845-4663 EXT 2943
* Parents: Please keep in touch via REMIND app for more updates.
*Virtual Students - Google Meet link will be emailed five minutes before class to join in!
* Face to Face Students: Teacher will travel to students' school for services.
* MOST IMPORTANT:
All students: Check Google Classroom DAILY for updates for Gifted!
Welcome to a new school year in gifted enrichment. My name is Patrice Royer. I am going to be your child’s teacher of gifted education. I am currently housed at Parks Primary. The principal at Parks Primary is Tassala Jones and the Assistant Principal is Shauntel Blanchard.
Gifted Enrichment Lessons Include:
Computer Science: Coding and writing/animating stories
- Novel Study
Innovative teaching strategies; Critical thinking skills
Social and Emotional awareness
Technologically based teacher lessons and student activities
Creativity and Art; Science challenges & Math problem solving; Visual Thinking
Student self-assessment, student choices, and student interests will be acknowledged
Keyboarding; Creative Leadership; Cooperative learning in groups
LEGO Education: Robots- coding/building
- Building and connecting snap circuits via Snap Circuits Kit
- Visual Thinking Skills
MATERIALS NEEDED For CLASS:
earphones or earbuds
Suggested by week (Optional- not homework)
Here are great resources to help the advanced learner excel.
2. Coding: www.code.org or Google's Cs First: https://csfirst.withgoogle.com/c/cs-first/en/curriculum.html
3. ULL: Enrichment Program during Summer :
https://curriculum.louisiana.edu/about-us/centers/center-gifted-education/childrens-programs/grades-1-6 (Grades 1st-6th)
https://curriculum.louisiana.edu/about-us/centers/center-gifted-education/childrens-programs/grades-7-10 (Grades 7-10)
(For professional development: All teachers, counselors, administrators, homeschool teachers, and parents are invited to attend this professional development conference.)
4. Teche Center for the Arts : https://artsatteche.com/ (Camp opportunities)
5. Google Earth
6. www.thekidshouldseethis.com (Builds curiosity in students- kid friendly videos: many topics from science to art to animation)
7.www.mindware.com (toys, games, puzzles to buy)
8. https://www.exploringbytheseat.com/ (Virtual Field Trips: Teachers can register & participate in a live session (Q/A type session) with the actual scientists or experts; or they can view past virtual field trips)
9. https://www.byrdseed.com/ (Gifted teacher that shares research based lessons for all students- fun and engaging lessons)
Please check Remind app for Gifted Ed. Updates throughout the school year
Louisiana Bayou Wildlife Mural
TOPS-- Techniques of Problem Solving. Math problems that increase in difficulty. Skills include: Use resources, choose the operation, guess and test, organize data, use logic. Teacher will keep a record of each child's completion of activity on a rubric with numbers 1-200 by initialing in the box with the card number, once teacher checks for correction. Level decks A, B, C, D, AA, BB, and CC. (3rd through 9th grade)
Visual Thinking allows students to visualize characters, settings, and physical objects. Concepts: congruence, mapping, order, geometric shapes, illusion, magnitude, part-whole relations, patterns/models, reflection/symmetry, rotation/position, & similarity.
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
Mrs. Royer's Conference Times
Please call a day in advance to schedule an appointment.
I cannot meet with you unless we have scheduled an appointment. THANKS !!
St. Martin Parish Grading Scale:
New State Grading Scale
PHONE CALL POLICY---
Jcall is the St.Martin Parish School Board's phone call notifier system.
You may get a phone call or email for several different reasons: when your child is absent,
discipline issues, or Emergencies/Natural Disasters.
If you get a call and have questions, please email or call me.