Ms. Cifaretto (Ms. C) and Mrs. Corbett's Kindergarten B REMINDER
UPCOMING DATES THIS MONTH, MARCH
PLEASE WEAR GYM UNIFORM , THURSDAY, 3/31 FOR OUR CEREAL CHALLENGE.
On Monday, the 3rd Grade will begin selling chances for their Lenten Jelly Bean Raffle.
All proceeds will benefit Heifer International.
Guess the number of jelly beans and win two one-hour passes to YESTERcades, two bracelets to the SLG Carnival, and an Easter basket from Suzi's Sweet Shoppe!
Chances are $1.00 each, or 7 chances for $5.
PLEASE CHECK OUR SPECIALS TAB FOR THIRD TRIMESTER SPECIAL CHANGES
SPECIALS BEGIN 3/6.
OUR EVENTS TAB HAS SOME BASIC INFORMATION ON OUR GRADUATION. MORE INFO TO FOLLOW.
TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!! HELP US WIN THIS !!!!
KINDERGARTEN'S ANNUAL CEREAL BOX CHALLENGE
HELP US CONNECT THE BOXES TO MAKE A KINDNESS PATH!!!!!
YOU MIGHT HAVE SEEN THIS CHALLENGE ON TIKTOK.......OR HEARD ABOUT IT AT ST LEO'S. WE COLLECT BOXES OF CEREAL TO DONATE TO THE LOCAL FOOD PANTRY BUT FIRST, WE SET THEM UP TO CREATE A LARGE MAZE OF KINDNESS. IT IS A GREAT WAY TO WORK AS A TEAM AND SHOW HOW WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY BEING KIND!
DONATE A BOX OR TWO OF CEREAL(REGULAR SIZE WORKS BEST) AND WE CAN SHOW THE CHILDREN THE POWER OF THE "DOMINO EFFECT" AS A KINDERGARTEN CLASS AT ST LEO's !!!
SMALL ACTS BRING GREAT AMOUNTS OF KINDNESS!
PLEASE BRING IN YOUR CEREAL ANYTIME BEFORE MARCH 30TH.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!
2/14 VALENTINE'S DAY, ALL GOODIE BAGS MUST NOT CONTAIN FOOD OF ANY KIND. CARDS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED JUST FROM THE CHILD NOT TO.
2/15 WEDNESDAY IS A HALF DAY.
2/20 SCHOOL IS CLOSED IN HONOR OF PRESIDENTS DAY
100TH DAY SCHOOL THIS WEEK
WE WILL BE DRESSING AS A 100-YEAR-OLD PERSON AND COLLECTING A GROUP OF SMALL OBJECTS OF 100. THE BAGS ARE ATTACHED. PLEASE RETURN THE BAGS BY 2/9.
"SOUPER BOWL'' FRIDAY
CHILDREN MAY DRESS DOWN AND WEAR THEIR FAVORITE TEAM JERSEY
WITH A CAN OF SOUP TO BE DONATED TO THE FOOD
PLEASE REVIEW THE UPDATED SECOND TRIMESTER SPECIALS CALENDAR, TIMES HAVE CHANGED BUT DAYS REMAIN THE SAME.
FRIDAY IS SHOW AND TELL, PLEASE SEND IN NON-BREAKABLE ITEM.
*Some helpful information found in the 2022-2023 Student and Parent Handbook
Kindergarten through 8th Grades 7:45 AM to 2:35
PM Half-days 7:45 AM to 12:30
Should the need arise to switch to Virtual Learning, please refer to the Virtual Learning Plan, located on the school website.
Kindergarten parents may walk their child to class only on the first day of school.
All students in grades K through 8 must be in full dress code upon entrance to school each day. The dress code is in effect from September through June. Uniforms may be purchased through Flynn & O’Hara at www.flynnohara.com.
• Khaki pull-on elastic waist long pants or shorts
• Long- or short-sleeved navy polo shirt (no logos)
• White or navy crew socks
• Navy V-neck cardigan (optional)
• Maroon full-zip fleece with SLG logo
• Khaki drop waist jumper or khaki 2 pleat skort, (Lands’ End or Kohl’s’ uniform skorts are allowed)
• Khaki pull-on long elastic waist pants (optional)
• Long- or short-sleeved dark navy golf shirt (no logos)
• White peter pan collar long or short-sleeve blouse may be worn with the jumper
• White or navy knee-hi or crew socks or tights
• Navy crewneck cardigan sweater (optional)
• Maroon full-zip fleece jacket with SLG logo
Boys & Girls Shoes:
Any safe, comfortable, and closed toe style, including sneakers is acceptable.
Grades K-8 Physical Education Uniform:
• Black, knee-length, mesh gym shorts with SLG logo (as seen at Flynn O’Hara)
*No Soffe shorts are allowed in place of mesh gym shorts.
• Maroon t-shirt with SLG logo (long or short sleeve)
• Solid black heavyweight sweatpants with SLG logo (as seen at Flynn O’Hara) (not tight or legging type pants)
• Solid colored crew socks in white or black
• Sneakers: white or black only (Grades 1-8)
• Maroon full-zip fleece jacket with SLG logo (Optional)
Students in grades K-5 may wear gym uniforms to school on their gym day unless directed to do otherwise.