Kindergarten Sight Word List
Looking for enrichment to improve reading? Checkout these other word lists:
Now that you have the list and sight word flashcards, what can you do?
- Make concentration/memory game (make a double set of flash cards and lay them out upside down. Take turns flipping over 2 at a time to try to find a match. When someone finds a match, they go again.).
- Make another set of the flashcards and play "Popcorn Word Go Fish."
- Write words on a window or mirror with washable markers, outside with sidewalk chalk, or in the bathtub with bathtub crayons.
- Play "BOOM!" Put the flashcards in a container or pile, and have a couple cards saying "BOOM" (they must look like the other flashcards). Have your child pull a card. If they can read it, they can keep it. If they pull a card that says "BOOM" all their cards need to go back! The person with the most cards wins!
- You can use conventional game boards and give them a sight word twist (i.e. Monopoly).
- Practice making the words arts and crafts tools such as beans, glitter etc.
- Make a Bingo board and play bingo. Use your flash cards to pick a word at random.
- Have a sight word treasure hunt. Have your child search for the card and read the words as they find them.
- Spread out some shaving cream on a flat surface and use your fingers to spell the words.
- Play "Scoop & Spell" one of my favorite classroom games! Ask your children about this scrabble tile fun!
If you would like more ideas that the above list write me a note and I will give you ways to practice and have fun together as a family!