12TH GRADE PREPARATION CHECKLIST
- Visit colleges to narrow down list.
- Maintain maximum challenge in your course load and earn highest possible grades.
- Finalize list of colleges and keep an accurate record of deadlines.
- Request college recommendations from teachers.
- Update resume and complete college applications and essays.
- Become familiar with the process of requesting academic records.
- Register for the SAT, ACT, and SAT subject tests.
- Attend local college fairs.
- Attend college visits and armed services meetings at HTHS.
- Keep in touch with your counselor and listen to morning announcements.
- Review scholarship postings in Naviance.
- Attend financial aid information evening programs.
- Complete the FAFSA and appropriate financial aid forms.
- Continue to do your best and get the highest final grades possible in courses. These will be sent to colleges after your acceptance.
- Supply any additional credentials accomplished after applications have been sent.
- Review acceptance letters and make final decision about a college. Be mindful of deadlines.