10TH GRADE PREPARATION CHECKLIST
- Enroll in academic courses of maximum reasonable challenge.
- Continue involvement in meaningful co-curricular activities.
- Take the PSAT in October.
- Seek help where performance is not meeting personal standards.
- Review PSAT results with you counselor and consider SAT preparation needs
- Prepare for midterm exams
- Start building a resume by creating a list of past, present, and planned activities (school and extracurricular).
- Explore and apply to summer opportunities (volunteer projects, academic enrichment, paid jobs, travel programs, etc.).
- Consider taking SAT subject tests in completed coursework.
- Complete courses and activities with a strong record.
- Maintain a balance of academics, athletics, service work, and activities.