9TH GRADE PREPARATION CHECKLIST
- Enroll in academic courses of maximum reasonable challenge.
- Explore high school resources and make social contacts.
- Join meaningful co-curricular activities. Consider athletics, performing arts, service work, clubs and organizations.
- Seek help in any area where performance is not meeting personal standards.
- Prepare for midterm exams.
- Maintain balance of academics, athletics, service work, and activities.
- Consider which areas of interest should be given extra time and effort to develop to competitive levels of quality or recognition.
- Plan course selection for next year.
- Prepare for final exams in a timely manner.
- Complete school projects and courses with a strong record.
- Explore and apply to summer opportunities (volunteer projects, academic enrichment, paid jobs, travel programs, etc.).
- Begin to keep a record of all activities to be used on college applications or job resumes.