11TH GRADE PREPARATION CHECKLIST
- Enroll in academic courses of maximum reasonable challenge.
- Attend visits by college and technical school representatives.
- Take the PSAT in October.
- Attend local college/career nights and tour colleges on weekends.
- Begin to formulate a list of colleges and/or technical schools.
- Assume leadership roles in athletics, service organizations, school activities, and/or in the community.
- Explore Naviance, a web-based college/career planning tool.
- Take an interest inventory and explore careers in Naviance based on results.
- Continue to expand and update all nonacademic achievements and activities starting with 9th grade.
- Create a resume in Naviance.
- Utilize the college search feature in Naviance to continue researching and developing a list of schools.
- Register for one of the spring SAT or ACT dates. Apply for accommodations if needed.
- Attend Financial Aid Planning Night.
- Attend the Higher Education Night
- Formulate a short list of teachers who may supply recommendations
- Meet with your counselor to personalize your college search
- Explore and apply to summer opportunities (volunteer projects, academic enrichment, paid jobs, travel programs, etc.)
- Visit college campuses.
- Potential college athletes: See you counselor about the NCAA clearinghouse.