Welcome to Kindergarten!
It has been a great start to Kindergarten! Please remember to check and initial the planner, complete homework, read AR and practice sight words nightly! Sight words are tested at the end of the quarter. Students should be able to recognize these words by sight, not by sounding them out. Please refer to the quarter 1 expectations sheet to see what students will be graded on this quarter. Thank you for your support at home! :)
I have an open door policy, I believe that communication between home and school is VERY important, please be sure to call/email/write me using the information below at any time! Make sure to check back often as there will be a lot of information posted here. Looking forward to a great year!
Here are a few things to practice with your child:
- Blowing their nose & covering sneezes!!
- Washing hands properly
- Tying shoe laces
- Writing first and last name using a capital letter at the beginning and lower case letters throughout
- Dressing self (tucking in shirts, buttoning buttons, buckling belts, etc.)
- Using scissors
- Opening and closing items used during lunch
- Packing and unpacking their bookbag