We will be learning three different kinds of writing this year in 3rd grade.
- tells others what you think.
- tries to convince others that you are RIGHT by giving reasons, examples, facts, or details to support your opinion. Each paragraph:
- has a topic sentence, detail sentences, and a conclusion.
- tells a story.
- can be real or imaginary.
- has characters.
- has a setting.
- is in order and has transitions.
- has a beginning, middle, and end.
- tells about a person, place, thing, event, or idea. Each paragraph:
- has a topic sentence.
- has sentences that give facts, details, examples, or explanations.
- has a conclusion.
Use this website to practice typing: