Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year at Hamburg School. My name is Amy Breitenbach and I am a Special Education Teacher who will be working with the Pre-Kindergarten students. The students call me “Miss Amy”. I believe that students learn best when they are having fun, and so I will be interacting with all Pre-K students in such a way that they may tell you that “Miss Amy is silly”.
It’s going to be a year full of enriching experiences for your child, and they are going to have a blast while learning so many skills. Throughout the year, we’ll work on the usual preschool themes such as letters and numbers, colors and shapes, fine and gross motor skills. More importantly we’ll assist your children to become lifelong learners, teach them how to use appropriate social skills, continuously facilitate group learning, and so much more. Students with IEP’s also receive one on one instruction using Applied Behavioral Analysis which fosters success at each student’s own pace. Assisting me in providing these ABA services to our students will be Miss Andrea, Miss Maria, and Miss Dawn. Some students will also be receiving additional related services, such as Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and/ or Physical Therapy. These direct services are provided in accordance with student IEP's. However we do participate in many activities within both of our Pre-Kindergarten classrooms that will reinforce these skills every single day.
- Drop off will occur at the Pre-K hallway (the doors at the top of the staircase just before you reach the main entrance to the school) between 7:45 am and 8:10 am. After 8:10, students are late. Please make every effort to be on time.
- Pick up will occur at the top of the staircase just before you reach the main entrance to the school at 12:15pm. It is important that you are on time for pick up as well.
- Please send your child to school each day wearing socks and sneakers, or other secure footwear. These are needed in order to ensure your child’s safety during all of our many fun activities, especially outdoor play. Note: Sport sandals and boots are NOT appropriate for gym day and will prevent your child from participating in gym.
- Please pack healthy snacks for your child each day. There is an option to purchase the school lunch also.
- All of the school supplies that your child will need are already in the classroom, although a suggested list for home and extra items at school has been posted on the school website. The items that you should send in are personal items such as a full set of spare clothing, including socks, and personal hygiene items.
I am looking forward to working with your child each day. Our continuous communication will ensure that our students are achieving their goals. Please feel free to e-mail me or write to me with any questions or concerns. My e-mail address is [email protected]. You can call me at 973-827-7570 extension 406, but the best ways to reach me are via e-mail, or by using Class Tag. I will always reply to you as quickly as I possibly can.
Make sure that you visit Mrs. Triolo's webpage to see what's happening within our Pre-K Classrooms. Also, be sure to visit the Hamburg School web page at www.HamburgSchool.com frequently for news about what’s happening at our school.