1. Ask your student to give you the definition of the word he/she is trying to learn.
2. Ask your student to use the word in a sentence.
3. Give your student the definition, and ask them for the word. (This should be LAST!)
Studying for Math Tests:
1. Study vocabulary in Math Journal. (See above.)
2. Study workbook pages and homework sheets.
3. Make yourself a practice test or have parent/friend make one for you.
4. Take your practice test, figure out where you are having trouble. Ask your teacher for extra help BEFORE the test!
5. Pay attention EVERYDAY!
6. Be at school - it is very important!
Studying for Social Studies and Science Tests:
1. Make flash cards for vocabulary. (See above.)
2. Review notes/ study guides each night. (Take one section or a few questions each night to look over.)
3. Ask a grown-up or friend to ask you questions from the
vocabulary and notes (just a few questions each night will make studying less overwhelming).
4. Make up a test for yourself--then take it. Remember to be as
tough as your teacher! Have a grown up check it, and go over it with you.