Tips for Better Sleep from the CDC (Center for Disease Control)
- Be consistent. Go to bed at the same time each night and get up at the same time each morning, including on the weekends
- Make sure your bedroom is quiet, dark, relaxing, and at a comfortable temperature
- Remove electronic devices, such as TVs, computers, and smartphones, from the bedroom
- Avoid large meals, caffeine, and alcohol before bedtime
- Get some exercise. Being physically active during the day can help you fall asleep more easily at night.
For the original posting from the CDC visit https://www.cdc.gov/sleep/about_sleep/sleep_hygiene.html or for more information on sleep visit http://www.sleepeducation.org/essentials-in-sleep/healthy-sleep-habits