Welcome to 8th Grade IED!
You are expected to arrive to class on time and prepared. Please bring the following items every day:
- Your Chromebook
- Pencil & Eraser
- inexpensive earbuds or headphones
- Your 3-ring binder
- Your Creativity
- Your Enthusiasm
- Your Engineering Notebook
- You will need a 3-ring binder for this class (1-inch or larger)
- We are always in need of supply donations:
- bubble wrap
- styrofoam packing material or meat trays (not the peanuts)
- mylar (can be in the form of mylar balloons)
Introduction to Engineering Design (IED) is a high school level course that is appropriate for students who are interested in design and engineering. The major focus of the IED course is to expose students to the design process, research and analysis, teamwork, communication methods, global and human impacts, engineering standards, and technical documentation. IED gives students the opportunity to develop skills and understanding of course concepts through activity-, project-, and problem-based (APPB) learning. Used in combination with a teaming approach, APPB-learning challenges students to continually hone their interpersonal skills, creative abilities, and understanding of the design process. It also allows students to develop strategies to enable and direct their own learning, which is the ultimate goal of education.