September 2018 Welcome to iSTEM 6!
One of the most useful skills you can learn is touch typing. Learning how to type properly will increase your typing speed and accuracy leaving you with more time to do something else!
- Coming soon: your bi-weekly typing assignment schedule
- All typing is due on Monday (or 1st day of week) at 7 am.
- You should be breaking your old typing habits, and replacing them with proper typing technique (LEARN THE KEYS)
You are expected to arrive to class on time and prepared. Please bring the following items everyday:
- Your Chromebook
- Your Engineering Notebook
- Pencil & Eraser
- inexpensive earbuds or headphones
- Your Creativity
- Your Enthusiasm
The TMS iSTEM 6 class utilizes Project Lead the Way (PLTW) modules in conjunction with Google Apps for Education. The PLTW courses being taught include Design and Modeling & Energy and the Environment.
- You will have a bi-weekly keyboarding/typing assignment to improve your typing skills.
- Please be sure to follow the instructions in the typing program, and BREAK your bad typing habits, IMPROVE your typing techinique, and BUILD new, good typing skills.
- You will have minimal homework, but please remember that work not completed in class automatically becomes homework.
- Assignments are turned into OnCourse
- If you do not turn in an assignment on time, it is YOUR responsibility to email Mrs. Neggia with a notification that the assignment has been turned in to OnCourse.
Design & Modeling (70 days)
Students discover the design process and develop an understanding of the influence of creativity and innovation in their lives. They are then challenged and empowered to use and apply what they’ve learned throughout the unit to design a therapeutic toy for a child who has cerebral palsy.
Energy & the Environment (20 days)
Students are challenged to think big and toward the future as they explore sustainable solutions to our energy needs and investigate the impact of energy on our lives and the world. They design and model alternative energy sources and evaluate options for reducing energy consumption.
- We are in need of the following supply donations:
- bubble wrap
- styrofoam sheets (not the peanuts)
- mylar (could be in the form of mylar balloons)