Instructors: LtCol Tubbs, GySgt Sylvester
REMIND: Text: 81010
Message: @7e36b6 (for Third & Fourth Blocks)...This is titled ROTC WHS
Message: @rotcbloc (for First & Second Blocks)...This is titled ROTC 2
Message: @kkd39a (for parents only)...This is titled ROTC Parents
WHS MCJROTC Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/wildcatcompany
WHS MCJROTC Instagram: mcjrotc_whs
- Mission Statement: Walker High School Marine Corps JROTC seeks to challenge our cadets daily to embody the Marine Corps Core Values, Leadership Traits and Leadership Principles in order to instill value of citizenship, service to the United States, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment.
- Uniform Video: https://youtu.be/3mOZ8v_yN1A
- Sock Bun Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6AvIStmGVo
- Weekly Schedule (In School):
-MONDAY: Rainbow PT (Wear appropriate PT clothes. They do not have to be the JROTC PT clothes)
-TUESDAY: Class on MCJROTC Topics
-WEDNESDAY: Drill/Rifle Range
-THURSDAY: Uniform Inspection Day (Wear the USMC Utility Uniform)
-FRIDAY: Uniform PT (Wear the JROTC PT T-shirt & Shorts)
- Weekly Schedule (After School): 2:45-4:00 daily
-MONDAY: Color Guard & Unarmed Drill Practice
-TUESDAY: Armed Drill Practice
-WEDNESDAY: Raider/PT Practice
-THURSDAY: Rifle Range Practice
-FRIDAY: Exhibition Drill Practice
- Major Assessments. Weekly Uniform Inspections (Thursday): 40%
- Assess for Accuracy. Weekly Quiz, Uniform PT, Military Bearing (Daily): 35%
- Participation / Completion. Rainbow PT, Homework Assignments, Demonstrated Leadership (Daily): 10%
- End of Semester Assessment. EOC Test or Designated Project: 15%
- Leadership Traits (JJ DID TIE BUCKLE):
- Leadership Principles:
- Be technically and tactically proficient.
- Know yourself and seek self-improvement.
- Know your Marines and look out for their welfare.
- Keep your Marines informed.
- Set the example.
- Ensure that the task is understood, supervised, and accomplished.
- Train your Marines as a team.
- Make sound and timely decisions.
- Develop a sense of responsibility among subordinates.
- Employ your command in accordance with its capabilities.
- Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions