Cosmetology- The art and science of beautifying and improving the skin, nails and hair.
An exciting career in the field of cosmetology open countless doors for learners interested in this industry. This course will give students
an introduction to this career path and the beginning to a solid foundation in this industry.
Micro enterprise will enlighten students on specific skills and behaviors one needs to express on a daily basis as well as in the work place to be successful.
OSHA 10 is a on-line certification course that introduces students to work place hazards and safety measures as well as educate them on
their rights and the responsibilities of employers on the job site.
This course is designed to reduce work place injuries and fatalities.
Students will be introduced to the following concepts:
History and Cosmetology Career Opportunities
- Life Skills
- Your Professional Image
- Communicating for Success
- Infection Control
- Title 46: Professional and Occupational Standards
- Micro Enterprise (Self Assessments and Self Assessment Presentations)
- OSHA-workplace safety training prior to taking their first job.
- Countless hands on skills learned in the cosmetology lab
- Students will have hours recorded with the Louisiana State Board of Cosmetology
- Dual Enrollment Credit through S.L.C.C
- Complementary credential for Micro Enterprise
- OSHA 10 Certification
Social Security Card
$40.00 Lab Fee
Black Scrubs and Closed (heel and toe) Shoes
*Jackets (mostly black) no hoodies or pullovers allowed*