MICRO ENTERPRISE REGIONAL CREDENTIAL
PREREQUISITES- 1. Successful completion of Cosmetology 1
2. Earning the Micro-Enterprise Complementary Credential
Students will have the opportunity to gain more knowledge about Cosmetology and be introduced to the steps of starting a business through the second phase of Micro Enterprise.
Cosmetology Topics Covered: Skincare, Make up applications, Facials, Artificial Lashes, Pedicures, and more in dept with various hairstyling techniques.
In Cosmetology 2, students will complete the second phase of the Micro-Enterprise which will lead to obtaining the Micro-Enterprise Regional Credential on the Jumpstart pathway.
Requirements to receive this credential are:
1. Complete the Self Assessment and Self Assessment Presentation
2. Complete a company registration
3. Complete a credit application
4. Pass the Micro-Enterprise Regional Credentialing Exam
4. Complete 300 Cosmetology hours
- Students will have 300 plus, hours recorded with the Louisiana State Board of Cosmetology
- Dual Enrollment Credit through S.L.C.C
- Regional credential for Micro Enterprise
16 years old or older
11 or more credits
$40 Lab fee
Uniforms are required (black scrubs)
*Jackets (mostly black) no hoodies or pullovers allowed*