Dear Brass Castle Families,
We’re excited to announce that our school community will be participating in the OPEN National Field Day event on Friday, May 8th!
Field Day is an important tradition at our school. It is a significant day for our students and our staff, and we feel that in these incredibly challenging times this national event is a unique way that we can stay connected as a community and support one another in a fun and meaningful way.
OPEN (Online Physical Education Network) is a national public service organization that provides curriculum and training support to more than 90,000 teachers in all 50 states. We will be using their resources and social media network to help us organize our school’s participation in #NationalFieldDay.
All #NationalFieldDay events are designed to be done indoors or outdoors using common household items. You won’t be asked to purchase any specialized equipment or supplies.
Here’s how it will work:
- Brass Castle School is now registered as a participant in this event.
- All information will be posted on Mr. Scism’s website on the “Virtual Field Day 2020” page.
- There will be event cards that you can use to begin practicing. There will also be participant practice sheets for tracking progress.
- Your family will be asked to choose a minimum of 4 events to complete on Field Day. However, you may complete as many events as you’d like to.
- From May 3 thru 7, we will follow #NationalFieldDay and watch the Field Day Torch travel across the country in preparation for the main event.
- On May 8th, our entire school will participate in events, complete an official score card, and share photos on social media with a tag to @washtwpsd.wc for Facebook or @washtwpsd for Twitter. Families who do not have social media, may send their photos to [email protected]. Don’t forget to participate nationally on social media using #NationalFieldDay.
- After the event, your student will submit their scorecard to Mr. Scism at [email protected].
- Every student that completes at least 4 events will receive an OPEN National Field Day certificate.
We will continue to send you weekly updates on this fun and festive event. We appreciate your cooperation and are hopeful that your entire family will use it as a fun and meaningful way to be physically active together and with our entire school community.
Mr. Stephen Scism
Brass Castle School Health and Physical Education
National Virtual Field Day Information:
Official Field Day Scorecard:
Official Field Day Champion Certificates:
Event Cards and Practice Plans:
- Field Day Event Pack 1.pdf
- Student Practice Plan 1.pdf
- Field Day Event Pack 2.pdf
- Student Practice Plan 2.pdf
- Field Day Event Pack 3.pdf
- Student Practice Plan 3.pdf
- Field Day Relay Pack 4.pdf
- ALL Event Cards.pdf
Event Demonstration Videos:
- VIDEOS of Event Demonstrations: [LINK]
- National Virtual Field Day 2020 Info! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHOTmBxtQF4&feature=youtu.be