Welcome to 6th Grade Math!
It is my pleasure to be able to spend this year with you doing what I love, teaching math! Together we will work to maintain a learning environment that is respectful, supportive, challenging, and fun.
In preparation for next year's transition to West Essex Middle School, I am excited to share that our 6th grade students will be using the Connected Math Series (CMP 3).
Areas of focus will include:
- Factors and Multiples
- Basic Operations with decimals, fractions, and percents
- Ratios & Proportions
- Order of Operations
- Algebraic Concepts
- Data Analysis
- Math Vocabulary Terms
- Problem Solving
Communication is essential, please do not hesitate to contact me for any reason...no question is too small.
I look forward to a wonderful year!
Our Classroom Rules & Expectations:
- Respect everyone (yourself, your classmates, and your teachers)
- Make positive choices and always do your best
- Come to class regularly
- Be prepared with homework and all supplies,each and every day
- Participate in class discussions and be a contributing member of your group
- In Math class, always use a pencil and remember that mistakes are opportunities to learn
- Take chances and try out new strategies
- Stay focused and ask questions when you need more information or clarification
- Follow the school rules listed in the student handbook
- Remember that only you are responsible for YOU!