Hello and welcome to the 3rd grade!
I'd like to start by saying I am so excited for a new school and for the opportunity to work with you and your child. I look forward to all of the exciting new things we'll be learning and doing this year.
Here are a few important reminders to ensure a successful 3rd grade year:
- Make sure you sign up for all FOUR of your child's Remind classes.
- Please check your child's binder nightly for conduct sheet, study materials, homework, and important notes. There is a place for you to initial conduct every night.
- TIGER folders go home every Wednesday. Please go over your child's tests and conduct grade. Test papers MUST be returned to the school, and may NOT be kept at home!
- Please read with and to your child for at least 15 minutes daily. It's fun and makes a huge difference in their reading. We will be doing AR. Your child will be receiving a grade based upon attainment of AR goals.
How to sign up for Remind
- For Mrs. Burns's homeroom students text @burns3home to 81010
- For Mrs. Burns's ELA class (all 3rd grade students) text @burns3ela to 81010
- August 9 - First day for students, 1/2 day.
- August 12 - First full day for students
- August 19 - Parent Night for 3rd and 4th grade @ 5:30
- September 2 - Labor Day Holiday - NO SCHOOL