NO SCHOOL 3/15/19 SPRING BREAK until 3/22/19 - See you back on Monday, March 18th :)
captions - a phrase or sentence set below a picture in a text that explains something about the picture
bold print - print that is darker or brighter than the rest of the sentence
subheading - the title of a section of the text that tells what the section is about
glossary - a list at the back of the book of important words from the text and their meanings
index - a list at the back of the book of all the topics in the book
table of contents - a list in the front of the book listing the sections or chapter
text features - things in a text the author uses to help a header better understand the text
key facts - the most important ideas ina text that can be proven to be true
information - facts provided about something or someone
skim - to move over a surface quickly or lightly
wedge - to push into a small space
voyage - a long journey involving travel by sea or in space
entry - an item written or printed in a list
Word of the Week
support - to hold something up or providing what you know by providing evidence
Character Word of the week
Courage - the ability to do something dangerous or difficult even when afraid
Friday: Happy Friday
Learning Goals for the week:
* Determine what the author is answering, explaining, or describing in the text (author's purpose).
* Use reading strategies to determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text.
* Define key vocabulary terms.
* Identify and use adverbs.
* Build math fact fluency/automaticity for addition and subtraction.
* Identify coins and their values and determine the value of combinations of coins.
* Organize rocks and minerals by their attributes.
Important Dates -
Specials this week -
Monday - PE
Tuesday - Music
Wednesday - PE
Thursday - PE
Friday - Media
This Week's News Letter & Choice Board