SEXTO GRADO - SIXTH GRADE
Sixth Grade Welcome Letter -
Class Objectives/Expectations & Other Important Information
What's going on in Sixth Grade?
EL CUERPO Y TU SALUD
The Body and Your Health
Vocabulary for Practice
TRIVIA PROJECT- 1st marking period
ALL ABOUT "LA COMIDA de ESPAÑA"
Can you answer these food questions about Spain?
1. What is the word for "sandwich"?
2.What drink is often served with "churros"?
3. What are "tapas"?
4. What is a "tortilla Española?
5. What would you buy from a "lechería"?
6. What is "manchego"?
7. What are the main ingredients in "paella"?
8. What are "chicharrones"?
9. What is the most typical kind of oil used in Spanish cooking?
10. Where are there "tomato fights" every year?
11. What is "gazpacho"?
12. What seafood is typically found in the dish "gambas de ajillo"?
13. What is the main ingredient in the Spanish candy "Turrón"?
14. What food always accompanies lunch?
15. What time do Spaniards typically eat lunch? And dinner??
Now, let's take it a little bit further...
Research one of the foods listed above (or another food from Spain).
Make a poster with a picture of the food you've chosen
with description of what it is (or how it is prepared)
TELL ME...would you try it (or have you tried it)!
*please complete all the pieces of the Trivia project and
return it to Señorita Magel by Dec. 1, 2017
to receive 5 points on your marking period average
What we do in Sixth Grade...
Conversation, Date, Weather, Numbers, Telling Time & Classroom Objects
El Cuerpo y La Salud
Las Profesiones y Los Empleos
Las Actividades - VERBS
Begin 7th grade curriculum - 3rd marking period
Mis Amigos y Yo
1A - ¿Qué te gusta hacer?
1B - Y tú, ¿Cómo eres?