Carroll Jr. High
Orchestra Director: Mr. Xuan Liu
E-mail: [email protected]
Office Hours: By appointment
Orchestra class is designed for the students with string playing experience. The students will learn the techniques of string playing.
Essential Elements For String Book 1 and Book 2 (appropriate instrument)
The students should master the entire Essential Elements For Strings Book 1.
The students should master most of the Essential Elements For Strings Book 2.
The students should be able to perform individually or perform with Orchestra in Public.
The students must:
1. Not eat, drink, or chew gum in the classroom.
2. Be aware that three tardies constitute one (1) unexcused absence.
3. Submit excused absences before or immediately the event happening.
4. Not exhibit rude behavior, attitudes, and inappropriate language which will not be tolerated in the classroom.
5. Purchase a Textbook
The student will be evaluated in terms of his/her behavior and performance on:
1. At least 1 point will be taken off each time when the students talk and laugh in the classroom.
2. At least 2 points will be taken off each time when the students eat, drink, and chew gum in the classroom.
3. At least 2 points will be taken off each time when the students study other than the orchestra materials.
4. At least 3 points will be taken off each time when the students fail to stay on his/her mandate seating.
5. The director will write the School Behavior Report when the students exhibit rude behavior, attitudes, and inappropriate language. As a result, at least 20 points will be taken off from the students’ grade.
6. The students will receive an F grade on dishonest.
7. The students who failure to attend a concert and/or dress rehearsal without an excused absence will receive an F grade.
White shirts, black pants or skirt, with black socks and shoes, of course, no black jeans, no T-shirts.
Private Lesson is strongly recommended. The students who study with a private teacher almost invariably progress at a higher rate than those who do not. Consequently they generally perform better in class.