2. CHANGE OF CLOTHES—Please send a change of clothes (shirt, pants, underwear, and socks) to be kept atschool. Please place in a zip-lock bag with child’s name. Children are to wear uniforms in accordance with the Livingston Parish Student Dress Code.
3. DIAPERS AND WIPES—Early Childhood Special Ed. Students need to have diapers and wipes provided by the parent if needed.
4. POTTY TRAINING— We will follow the same routine you have set up to use at home. If your child wears pull-ups (diapers, underwear) at home, he/she will do the same at school. We must be consistent in all environments. It is very confusing to a child when a predictable routine is not followed regarding potty training. We will work together to achieve our goal!
5. DAILY FOLDERS— Your childwill keep a folder in his/her book sack at all times. It will contain a “Tell Me What You Did Today” daily behavior chart, notes from the teacher, notes from home and papers from school. The “Daily Report” needs to be signed and returned daily. This folder is very helpful in keeping communication open between home and school. For this reason, it is very important that it be returned daily.
6. LABEL--Please label everything including book sacks, lunchboxes, clothes, coats, sweaters, raincoats, etc. The school will not be responsible for lost items.
7. MESSAGES- Please notify your child’s teacher in writing of any changes in your child’s daily routine. NO ORAL MESSAGES can be accepted. Please do not relay messages through the bus drivers. Use the space provided on the daily notes to write a note or send a note in your child’s folder. This includes waiting for a parent to pick up a child from school, going home with a friend, and appointments. This is for your protection and no exceptions will be made.
8. CONCERNS- Please refer any concerns to the classroom teacher. You may write a note, call the school (665-4079) or email your child’s teacher with your concerns. Email address: Victoria.email@example.com.
9. CARPOOL- Students who carpool will be dropped off in the morning on the side of the school in the carpool area between 8:10-8:25. The school bell rings at 8:25. You may not drop your child off in the carpool area past 8:25. You will need to drive to the office and check your child in as tardy. Do not drop off students unless a Pre-K teacher or Pre-K paraprofessional is on duty outside. Please wait in your car for a teacher or aide to assist your child out of the car. At dismissal time, students will be picked up at 3:05 in the back of school. Carpoolers will meet parents outside. Half day students pick up time will be 11:30 in the back of school. If your child needs to check out early, parents must check students out at the front office and your child will be brought to you. Please hold off on discussing about your child during arrival and dismissal. You can contact me by phone or email to discuss your child, or schedule a more convenient conference time.
10. BIRTHDAYS— You may send a special treat on your child’s birthday. You may send invitations for all of the children in the class if you are having a party at home. Invitations cannot be given at school unless all students are invited. Many children’s feelings are hurt when they are left out. We will make your child’s birthday a special day at school.
11. CLASS PARTIES—We will have different holiday parties throughout the year. Parents are invited to attend 3 celebrations this school year: Christmas, Easter and an End of the Year. You will be notified as the party date nears.
12. FIELD TRIPS—We will be going on 1-2 field trips this school year. I will send home more information when these events arrive. Supply fee must be paid in order to go!
13. TOYS--Please do not allow your child to bring valuable things to school. NO TOYS FROM HOME unless requested by the teacher for special activities.
14. ATTENDANCE—If your child is absent, send a note or doctor’s excuse giving the reason for the absence. The office determines excused/unexcused absences.
15. TARDINESS-- Students should arrive at school no later than 8:25. If you are late please check in at the office.
16. VISITORS— All parents must check in at the office before visiting the classroom. This is a safety issue. NO EXCEPTIONS.
17. MEALS- Breakfast is served to all students as part of the Pre-K program. Your child has the option to bring his/her own breakfast and lunch to school.
Lunch is served at 12:00 PM. Breakfast/lunch is free for all students.
18. ILLNESS— If a child comes to school when he/she is not feeling well, he/she will be more vulnerable to infection. It is in the best interest of your child and the other children in the class to keep your child home when he/she is ill. If a child is well enough to come to school, we will expect him/her to go outdoors with the class and to follow the daily schedule. If your child becomes ill while at school and you are called, please cooperate by picking up your child promptly. We will not call unless your child needs to be at home.
19. MONEY POLICIES—Juban Parc Elementary will accept checks and money orders and cash. Please write 2 phone numbers on your checks. There is a new payment system online that can be accessed at www.lpsb.org. You can pay Operational Fees, spirit shirts, and fieldtrips using this portal with no extra fees.
20. Contact Information:
School Phone: 225-665-4079