phone extension: 2542
Please contact me to schedule an appointment before you come.
You may also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For updates and classroom reminders via text message please subscribe to my Remind Class. Text @6ed78fb to 81010 to subscribe.
Remind is also the best and quickest way to communicate with me!
Each student will be sent home everynight with a green folder. This folder will contain your child's homework and other important forms. In your child's homework folder, there will also be a weekly conduct sheet and homework calendar. Homework should be the same every night. Parents, please check your child's homework, conduct and other forms daily. Conduct sheets must go home every day and must be returned every day. Parents, I ask that you please initial your child's conduct every night, so that I know you are aware of your child's behavior.
I believe homework is important because it is a valuable aid in helping students make the most of their experience in school. I give homework because it is useful in reinforcing what has been learned in class and preparing students for upcoming lessons, extending and generalizing concepts, teaching responsibility, and helping students develop positive study habits.
- READING- Students will be expected to read at least 20 minutes Mon.-Thurs.
- MATH- Students will have 20 math fluency problems for homework each night.
- SPELLING- Students will write sentences each night in cursive.
- HANDWRITING- Spelling homework will suffice as handwriting.
- SCIENCE/SOCIAL STUDIES- Occasionally, students will be given homework in these two subjects. They may be asked to complete a short worksheet on vocabulary words, or study a study guide for an upcoming assessment.
Math books will be sent home for extra practice. You will be seeing multiple books go home as we cover different Math standards throughout the year. Please use these books as you see fit for helping your child. These books are to be kept at home and used as a resource for extra practice. Students will not be required to return any part of the books to school.
I also encourage you to sign-up at https://xtramath.org/#/home/index This website is a program to help students and parents with math skills.
Another program that the students will be using throughout the year will be PRODIGY, Prodigy is a free, online, math-based, curriculum aligned, role playing game. Players will get to watch their very own wizard grow stronger, learn new spells and acquire new equipment while facing ever more powerful opponents, all by answering math questions! Read more
Test folders will go home every Thursday. They need to be signed, dated and returned the following day.
Teche Elementary follows Parish and State Policy on absences.
- At 3 days absent, a letter will be sent home
- At 5 days absent, parent MUST meet with the SBLC. Parents who do not comply are to be referred to the Child Welfare and Attendance Supervisor and copies sent to FINS
- At 7 days absent, student and parents will be referred to the District Attorney’s Office (Truancy FINS)
- At 14 days absent, (excused or unexcused), credit is DENIED
- Tops—Red or White Polo (ONLY solid red, white, or navy blue undershirts)
- Bottoms—Navy Blue pants, shorts, or skorts/skirts
- Sweatshirts—navy, white, red, gray or GREEN (NO Hood) p. 26
- Belts are mandatory—plain buckle
- Socks are mandatory
- Shoes—closed toe, no sandals, no boots, no slippers, no crocks, or no heels above 1 inch (p. 28)
- Coats & Jackets—Any color (No hoodies—coats and jackets have zippers or buttons, easily removed in a building)
- *Only TECHE Spirit Shirts can be worn at TECHE on Spirit Days (Every Friday)
St. Martin Parish Grading Scale:
93-100 A 86-92 B 79-85 C 72-78 D 71- Below F
RULES: 1. Follow directions the first time they are given. 2. Raise your hand and wait for permission to speak. 3. Bring all materials and be prepared for class. 4. Complete all assignments.
5. Respect other children and your teacher at any time.
Every day, each student begins with an A. Each time he/she breaks a rule, their clip is moved down to a lower grade. Students will also have the chance to receive higer then an A if their behavior is exemplary. In case of severe disruption, parents will be contacted or the student will be sent to the Principal with referral.
TECHE EXPECTATIONSAt TECHE We... Take responsibility for everything we do. Expect the Best of Ourselves. Cooperate. Have Respect for ourselves and others. Everyday!
Thank you for your help and support,