Welcome to Mrs. D'Amore's 2nd Grade Classroom
Mrs. Susanne D'Amore
Classroom Door Number C226
*Picture Day is on MONDAY, October 22nd. Our class time is at 11:55
* Please have your child keep all toys including Pokemon Cards, hatchables and other little toys at home. They can be distracting during academic time or lost.
Spelling Rules to practice:
1. The Sound of K:
*Use K at the beginning of words when an e, i or y comes directly after.
* Use c at the beginning of words for all other vowels that come directly after
* Use ck at the end of a one syllable and when it comes directly after a short vowel- pack, thick
2. Bonus Letters l, f, s and sometimes z
* One syllable, words where the l, f or s comes directly after a short vowel, (only if the letter at the end is an l, s, or f) the end letter gets a bonus letter- full, mess, stuff
Dear Second Grade Family,
Welcome to Mrs. D'Amore's second grade class! I am pleased to announce that I will be your child's teacher for this new and exciting school year!
Second grade is a world of new adventures that build upon previous experiences. There will be topics that are familiar as well as new and challenging topics. Never worry; all academic work will be differentiated to meet your child's ability and potential. All students in our class will be valued for being their own unique self. Different talents and strengths, of many kinds, will be appreciated.
For the first few days of school, please make sure your child knows how he/she will be going home from school. You can also write me a note so I can gently reinforce directions and ease little minds.
On the first day of school, your child should wear a stick-on name tag. We will gather on the black top. There will be directions on how to find your child's class on that day. There will also be plenty of helpers outside!!
To start our year off, I have listed some items that your second grader can bring to school by the first full week of school.
I look forward to meeting you and having your new second grader in our class! Here's to a successful year in our second grade class! Enjoy the rest of a safe and happy summer!
- 2, two pocket folders (durable) name on top left
- 6 or more sharpened pencils
- 3 dry erase markers with child's name on them
- One sock (to be used as an eraser)
- Scissors (optional, but helpful)
- Eraser (no toy-like erasers)
- pack of colored pencils (sharpened)
- 2 highlighters with child's name on them
In addition, our class can always use the following supplies:
- Paper towels
- Gallon zip lock bags
- Sandwich zip lock bags
- Paper Plates
- Clorox wipes
Helpful information regarding our class is below!
Each night (M-Th) as part of homework, students should read at least 15 minutes.
Students should bring a packed snack each day!
NO PEANUTS of any kind (student allergies)
On half days, students can bring a larger snack.
Birthdays: Students can bring in cupcakes/special treat to be served at lunch
Best way to communicate with me: email, a handwritten note in the morning or call the office with a message