WHAT'S HAPPENING IN OUR CLASROOM THIS WEEK?
REMINDER:Half Days on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for
- We will be reading a realistic fiction story called "Harvest Birds", which is a Mexican folktale about a man who dreams of having his own farm. He learns important lessons along his journeyabout nature, farming, and himself. While reading, students will work on drawing conclusions and using text evidence to support their conclusions.
- Spelling - Words with unexpected consonant spellings. Words have the following unexpected spellings: "wr" as in wreck and write, "kn" as in knew and knock, and "tch" as in catch and patch
- Grammar - scommas in a series and commas in an address. Refer to the study guide and optional sheets sent home on Monday to help your child prepare for Friday's grammar quiz.
- Writing - Opinion paragraphs--Students will be trying to convince humans to eat something other than turkey on Thanksgiving
- We are continuing Topic 4 called "Use Multiplication to Divide: Division Facts". In the chapter, students will be learning to use fact families and related multiplication facts to find the answers to division equations
- Students will be tested on Topic 4 on Monday.
Gym class is on Thursdays and Fridays so please remember to wear sneakers!
Email me with any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org