WHAT'S HAPPENING IN OUR CLASROOM THIS WEEK?
- We will be reading a realistic fiction story called "Destiny's Gift", in which a girl who loves reading and writing, tries to find a way to help her friend save a bookstore. While reading, students will work on understanding the message or theme of the story, as well as understanding the characters.
- Spelling - Words with Long "a" and Long "e" spellings. Long "a" spellings include words with ay and ai. Words with long "e" spellings include words with ea and ee.
- Grammar - simple and compound sentences. Refer to the study guide and optional sheets sent home on Monday to help your child prepare for Friday's grammar quiz.
- Writing - Narrative/descriptive paragraphs
- We are continuing Topic 1 called "Understand Multiplication and Division of Whole Numbers".
- Students are working hard to understand the concepts of multiplication and division. Multiplication is joining equal groups and division is separating things into equal groups.
- Students will be tested on Topic 1 on Friday.
Your child's summer reading must be turned in by September 29th in order for them to recieve credit for it.
Gym class is on Thursdays and Fridays so please remember to wear sneakers!
Save the Date:
Ross Back to School Night
Monday, September 25th at 6:00 p.m.
Email me with any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org