WHAT'S HAPPENING IN OUR CLASROOM THIS WEEK?
REMINDER: WEDNESDAY IS AN EARLY DISMISSAL DAY!
***We will not be testing on last week's skills. We will move on to the next story and next set of skills for this week and review last week's skills at the end of the unit.
- We will be reading a trickster tale called "Tops and Bottoms", which is about a bear and a rabbit who decide to be business partners. One character is the trickster, while the other learns a valuable lesson.
- Spelling - Homophones-words that sound the same, but are spelled differently
- Grammar - using quotation marks. Refer to the study guide and optional sheets sent home on Monday to help your child prepare for Friday's grammar quiz.
- Writing - research writing. Students will be researching a winter Olympic sport and writing a short paper based on their research.
- We are finishing up Topic 6 called "Connect area to Multiplication and Addition". In the chapter, students will be learning to find the area or simple and irregular shapes.
- Students will be tested on Topic 6 on Tuesday.
- We will begin Topic 7 called, "Represent and Interpret Data". In the chapter, students will learn how to collect and organize data into graphs, charts, and tables. We will analyze picture graphs and bar graphs to answer questions.
Gym class is on Thursdays and Fridays so please remember to wear sneakers!
Email me with any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org