I have high expectations for the students in my room. I expect the students to achieve academically to their fullest potential. I expect students to contribute in a positive manner to our classroom. This is a list of rules to follow daily:
My goal is to create a classroom environment that encourages mutual respect and cooperation that provides opportunities for students to make choices regarding their behavior. Any behaviors that distract from learning will not be tolerated. Students that choose to violate a school rule will be disciplined according to the school handbook.
Check with your child during the year to make sure
they still have the supplies they need.
Make sure that your student has the follwing supplies for Math class.
What grades will students have in the gradebook?
1. POD/WOD (bellringer)- this is done the first 5-7 minutes of class and turned in each day and graded for correctness. Each daily grade will be added together for a total point grade at the end of the week. It be one grade per week in the gradebook.
2. Homework- This will be graded for completion. I will check homework each day. For example, the students will complete Monday's homework Monday evening and I will check it on Tuesday. They will get one homework grade per six weeks and it will be cumlative for each week of the six weeks.
3. Accelerated Math- The students will have a AM test average grade and AM percentage of goal grade in the gradebook for the six weeks, along with a 20 point weekly grade for scanning at least two times with a score of 80% or better for each scan.
4. Quiz grades- There will be at least 2 quiz grades for the six weeks and they will be 50 points each.
5. Tests- There will be at least 1 test grade in the gradebook each six weeks and they will be worth 100 points each.
6. Notebook checks- I will check notebooks every 2-3 weeks. Each notebook check will be worth 50 points.
7. Random assignments- There will be random assignments, depending on the concept we are learning at the time. Usually assignments are 20-30 points each.
***I usually put between 20-30 grades in the gradebook each six weeks***
**Students will have homework every night, except Fridays. **
Homework reinforces what has been taught in class, prepares students for upcoming lessons, and helps students develop student self-discipline, responsibility, and organizational skills. Students should be able to complete homework with in a reasonable amount of time. Homework is usually started in class.
A homework grade is given at the end of the grading period. It is a 100-point grade and is based on participation and calculated by averaging the number of assignments completed out of the total given.
*Same day late- will be accepted by 7th hour
*Next day late – 10% off grade
*Assignments will not be accepted for credit
after third day.
COMMUNICATION WITH PARENTS/GUARDIANS
To ensure the success of my students, I would greatly appreciate the best communication possible. Here are some ways that we can communicate with each other:
-Email- the best way to get in touch with me is to send me an email. My email address is email@example.com
- Remind- text messaging service- Once your are signed up, you will receive periodic reminder messages about homework, tests and such. This service is available for the students as well as parents. To sign up, text @4738k4 for 7th grade math or download the "remind" app and search code rmd.at/4738k4 from the app.
-parent command center- website to see your child's grades and lessons that were assigned. The link to parent command center is under "my links" page. If you are new, you will need to register. You will need your child's last 5 digits of the SS# for the PSN.
-oncourse websites- each teacher in LJHS has a school website. There is a link for the teacher websites on the LJHS homepage- once there, click on my name. My webpage has a list of all daily activities we are doing in class, as well as those things such as homework, tests, and projects that are assigned and their due dates. You can also print out this page to have as a reference for daily use at home.