Important Information about Meals!
Dear Parents and/or Guardians
Livingston Parish Public Schools still wants to provide food and nutrition to our students even during this time while school is closed, so we’re announcing a new program that will deliver meals at your doorstep for free. This program is called Meals-to-You, and it is a partnership between our district, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and Baylor University. Your student(s) enrolled at [school district] are eligible to participate in the program.
When you sign up to get a Meals-to-You, every other week you’ll get a Meals-to-You box delivered to your home for each child 1-18 in your household. Each box will include 10 breakfasts and 10 lunches/suppers—enough food for each kid for a week!
All foods are shelf stable, which means you don’t have to worry about them expiring anytime soon. With Meals-to-You, kid-friendly meals are delivered—for FREE—directly to your door, so you don’t have to worry about:
• Extra trips to the grocery store
• Extra money spent on food
• Extra time planning meals your kids will like
If you aren’t home when the box is delivered, no worries. The boxes are packed for security, and because the food is shelf stable, you don’t have to worry about refrigerating the foods immediately. If you will be unable to pick up your box(es) on a given day, be sure to have a neighbor or family get it. And no need to worry; receiving this benefit will NOT affect any other existing benefits.
HOW DO YOU SIGN UP? All you have to do is fill out an online sign-up form and submit it as soon as possible! Access the online form by clicking this link: https://mealstoyou.org/emergency-meals-to-you-application/.
Boxes will be provided on a first come, first served basis, so sign up online today! Let Meals-to-You take away the stress of buying extra groceries during this time. If you have questions or would like more information, please contact your school’s principal or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Joe Murphy
Livingston Parish Public Schools
Applications due by Monday, March 30th. NO Exceptions!
Important information regrading school closure
Check out what your friends are doing today! Don't forget to send me your daily picture!
You can start taking AR test Monday, March 30th! Check out the details below!
Suggested ELA Homework Schedule
- Complete two pages of packet per day
- Complete 30 minuets of Moby Max Reading per day
- School Code- La455
- User name- Student ID# (lunch number)
- Password- stu
- Complete one writing per day
- Use Go Noodle for great movement activites they will LOVE
- Read or listen to at least one story per day
- Story from home
- Tumble Books Stories- https://www.tumblebooklibrary.com/Home.aspx?categoryID=77
- Read aloud from Storyline Online- https://www.storylineonline.net/
- Books from Epic- https://www.getepic.com/
- Login with my class code: ees9266 and find your name
- EPIC has AR books organized by level! It is my favorite resource!
- Read aloud from YouTube
- CKLA Stories starting at Unit 6
- FlyLeaf Publishing: FREE decodable stories by skills.
- Enjoy some Art and Music
- Search Youtube for "Guided art lessons for kids" or "Sing along songs for kids"
Need more to do?
- Check out these educational websites:
- ABC Mouse- https://www.abcmouse.com/
- PBS Kids- https://pbskids.org/
- Jag Web-https://app.oncoursesystems.com/school/webpagebykey?districtkey=lpsb&userkey=348157
- Starfall- https://www.starfall.com/h/index.php
- Read CKLA Stories
- 1st Grade CKLA Reader Unit 1.pdf
- 1st Grade CKLA Reader Unit 2.pdf
- 1st Grade CKLA Reader Unit 3.pdf
- 1st Grade CKLA Reader Unit 4.pdf
- 1st Grade CKLA Reader Unit 5.pdf
- 1st Grade CKLA Reader Unit 6.pdf
- 1st Grade CKLA Reader Unit 7.pdf
- Complete CKLA comprehension pages or other workbook pages
Please sign up for Remind if you have not done so. It is a great way to keep in contact!
Mrs. Houpy's Morning ELA Class (my homeroom)
- Text this number: 81010
- Send this message: @mhoup
Mrs. Houpy's Afternoon ELA Class (Mrs. Sessums homeroom)
- Text this number: 81010
- Send this message: @mhoupy
My Email: email@example.com
JPE Phone Number: (225) 665-4079