We are so excited for the 2018-2019 school year!
Important Dates this Month:
Week of Respect: October 1st - 5th
To recognize the importance of social and emotional learning and character education, we will be handing out “Good Character” bookmarks, listening to daily respect quotes, and decorating sunglass cutouts to support our school theme.
School Safety Week: October 15th - 19th
To promote a positive school climate and student behavioral expectations that will help reduce violence and create safe and supportive learning environments, students and staff will be signing a banner pledging to be safe and respectful. Each morning during Safe Schools Week, as part of the morning announcements, a portion of The Pledge for Safe Schools will be read via the intercom.
Red Ribbon Week: October 22nd - 26th
- Theme dress up days to support "Our future is bright with a drug and alcohol free life!"
- MONDAY, Oct. 22nd – Mighty Kind Monday! Wear your Miller Shirt.
- TUESDAY, Oct. 23rd – Team Up Against Drugs and Violence! Wear your favorite sports team shirt.
- WEDNESDAY, October 24th – 4th GRADE Magic Show; Wear Red Day in support of a drug free life!
- THURSDAY, Oct. 25th – Reach for your Dreams! Wear your favorite pajamas.
- FRIDAY, Oct. 26th – Our future is bright with a drug and alcohol free life! Wear bright colors.
*Keep your eye out for our monthly Home and School Connection newsletter! :)