2018-2019 SCHOOL SUPPLY LISTS!
The 8th grade math curriculum includes algebra processes and concepts so that you will be better prepared for the rigors of high school mathematics. You will represent number patterns using graphs, charts, and equations, analyze tables and graphs, understand the concepts of expressions and equations. The curriculum provides you with the opportunity to solve equations, study geometry, the coordinate plane, and analyzing data. You will be preparing for the PARCC exam. Chapter & Unit tests will be given throughout the school year to assess your understanding of each concept.
*NOTE: Concepts are in the order you will learn them!
- Chapter 1: Equations
- Chapter 2: Transformations
Chapter 4: Linear Equations
- Chapter 5: Systems of Equations
- Chapter 6: Functions
- Chapter 7A: Real Number System
- Chapter 7B: Pythagorean Theorem
- Chapter 10A: Laws of Exponents
- Chapter 10B: Scientific Notation
- Chapter 9: Data Analysis
- Chapter 3: Transversals & Triangles
- Chapter 8: Volume
Algebra 1 Honors Curriculum
Algebra advanced math students will complete the curriculum for college prep Algebra 1 as described by the Common Core State Standards. The Algebra 1 curriculum is an honors level, high school algebra course. You will have more challenging problems, be exposed to higher-level thinking, and you will have a quicker pace through the course. You will be preparing for the PARCC exam. Chapter tests will be given throughout the school year to assess your understanding of each concept.
- Unit 1: The Real Number System
- Unit 2: Writing Equations
- Unit 3: Linear Equations
- Unit 4: Inequalities
- Unit 5: Systems of Linear Equations
- Unit 6: Functions
- Unit 7: Exponential Functions
- Unit 8: Polynomial Equations & Factoring
- Unit 9: Quadratic Functions
- Unit 10: Data Analysis
- Unit 11: Radicals