6th Grade Earth Science
Awtrey # 770-975-6615
Remind Info (see the Remind page!)
Getting to Know Mrs. Keith:
My name is Leslie Keith, and I have been teaching Science for the past six years. Before I taught Science, I spent a year teaching Pre-K in the private setting. I hold a Bachelor's Degree from the University of South Alabama in Elementary Education and a Master's Degree from Kennesaw State University in Instructional Technology. I am married to my wonderful husband, Blake Keith, who teaches at Hillgrove High School. We have been married for eight years and have a cat named Sparkle. We are expecting our first baby in December 2017!
Info to Know:
~I try to have study sessions before unit tests.
~I will meet with students who need more support if and when they set up times to meet with me!
~Topics for the year: Rocks/Minerals, Weathering, Plate Tectonics (layers of the earth, earthquakes, & volcanoes), water (oceans/salt water & freshwater), meteorology (weather), & space!
~Remind is the best form of communication to stay "In the Know" for what is going on in the classroom followed by my website/blog!
10 Fun Facts About Mrs. Keith
1. I love college football. (War Eagle & Go Dawgs)
2. I have played the piano for over 25 years.
3. My favorite colors are green and purple.
4. I have lived in three states.
5. I like to ice skate.
6. My favorite cartoon character is Snoopy from Charlie Brown.
7. Weather fascinates me! (I like to watch The Weather Channel)
8. Traveling is one of my favorite hobbies.
9. I am great friends with Mrs. Hogan (8th grade Math) & Ms. Gonzalez (6th grade Math).
10. I love to go to Broadway style productions/plays and Wicked is my favorite!