AC Weather Webquest Links:
Field Trip Info:
We want to share a few friendly reminders before we go on our Dahlonega Field Trip on Friday, March 17.
- Students may begin arriving school at 6:30 am and should be dropped off in the school bus port.
- Teachers will take roll on the bus at 6:50 am. Buses will leave at 7:00 am, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- After 7:00 am, there will not be anybody present to supervise children until 8:15 (when the school building is opened)
- Dress Code: please wear school appropriate clothing, close toed shoes, and bring a jacket for the Amicalola Falls hike
- Lunch is included and consists of 2-3 slices of either cheese or pepperoni pizza (student choice), a soft drink, and a dessert cake
- If you child cannot or does not want to eat this lunch, then please provide a sack lunch (no coolers allowed)
- Per the Bus company ~ Students may bring snacks for the bus:
- MUST have their drinks in a plastic bottle with a lid
- CANNOT include peanut or nut products
- CANNOT have gum or small candies (Skittles, M&M’s, Nerds, etc)
- Buses will be arriving back between 6:00-6:30 and parents should be at Awtrey NO LATER THAN 6:00 to pick up your child.
- To pick up students, you will need to park in the front of the building. You will need to walk back to the bus port to meet and pick up your student. We need to leave the bus port free to have room to unload the buses.
This field trip is an extension of the school day and students represent themselves, their teachers, and Awtrey Middle School. Any behavior issues suffered on this field trip will be addressed upon return to Awtrey or through our administrator on the trip.
6th Grade Earth Science
Awtrey # 770-975-6615
Remind Info (see the Remind page!)
Getting to Know Mrs. Keith:
My name is Leslie Keith, and I have been teaching Science for the past five years, and this is my second year as an Awtrey Viking. Last year I taught AC and on-level 7th grade Life Science as well as Academic Habits; however, I love earth science! Before I taught Science, I spent a year teaching Pre-K in the private setting. I hold a Bachelor's Degree from the University of South Alabama in Elementary Education and a Master's Degree from Kennesaw State University in Instructional Technology. I am married to my wonderful husband, Blake Keith, who teaches at Hillgrove High School. We have been married for seven years and have a cat named Sparkle.
Info to Know:
~I try to have study sessions before unit tests.
~I will meet with students who need more support if and when they set up times to meet with me!
~Topics for the year: Rocks/Minerals, Weathering, Plate Tectonics (layers of the earth, earthquakes, & volcanoes), water (oceans/salt water & freshwater), meteorology (weather), & space!
~Remind is the best form of communication to stay "In the Know" for what is going on in the classroom followed by my website/blog!
10 Fun Facts About Mrs. Keith
1. I love college football. (War Eagle & Go Dawgs)
2. I have played the piano for over 25 years.
3. My favorite colors are green and purple.
4. I have lived in three states.
5. I like to ice skate.
6. My favorite cartoon character is Snoopy from Charlie Brown.
7. Weather fascinates me! (I like to watch The Weather Channel)
8. Traveling is one of my favorite hobbies.
9. I am great friends with Mrs. Hogan, the 8th grade Math teacher!
10. I love to go to Broadway style productions/plays and Wicked is my favorite!