Your Health is Your Responsibility
At Bayonne High School my goal as a Health Educator is to provide each student with all kinds of health information. I teach it in such a way that it influences people to change attitudes so that they take a positive approach about their health. My goal is to help my students live long, zestful, and productive lives.
The following are important life-style factors for Longevity
Get between 7 and 8 hours of sleep per night.
Eat three meals a day at regular times.
Refrain from smoking.
Eat breakfast daily.
Participate in aerobid exercise at least 20 to 30 minutes 3 to 4 times a week.
Do not use drugs and alcohol.
Maintain your recommended weight.
Keep in mind that not following these guidelines can prove hazardous to your health and take years off your life.
Senior: Course Description
1. Fitness and Nutrition
2. Family Life and Human Sexuality
3. STD's, HIV/AIDs and Infectious Diseases
4. Alcohol, Tabacco, and other drugs
5. Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle
6. Dating, texting/sexing, & Buillying.
7. Genger Boxes & Risk avoidance sex-ed.
7. Violence prevention, conflict resoultion
First-Aid, CPR training.
8. Comsumer Health
Junior: Course Description
1. The Body Systems. 2. Human Development. 3. Mental Health 4. First Aid 5. Diseases 6. Abstinence 7. Drugs & Addiction. 8. Community Heath Organizations. 9. The Media