HELLO!! My name is Kelly Levy. I live in Tuckerton with my husband John, my two children; Corinne and Jonathan, and our two dogs Piper and Nellie, our 2 cats Sunny and Jinxy. We even have a parakeet named Huey and took in a stray cat who we named Kiki-Mae.
Corinne is 24 and is currently live out in Los Angeles, living the life of a hopeful actress/comedian. She dances, acts and sings. Jonathan is 16 and an 11th Grader at Pinelands High School. He plays baseball and loves hockey and basketball. In my house, sports are a big part of our lives. We are NY JETS fans, NY METS fans, and NY RANGERS fans!!
I have been teaching in Little Egg Harbor for 23 years! I completed my student teaching here in 1995 as a Teacher of the Deaf. I am fluent in Sign Language. I worked with deaf and hard of hearing students for 8 years in district. Because I assisted my deaf students in their classrooms, I have taught every grade level K-6! I love teaching second graders!
Education is very important to me. I graduated from Ocean County College with a Liberal Arts Degree. I graduated from Kean University with a Bachelor's Degree in Teacher of the Deaf and Special Education. I earned my Master's Degree in the Art of Education from Marygrove College in Michigan. I am certified to teach K-5 Elementary, K-12 Special Education including Deaf & Hard of Hearing.
Did you know:
- Some of my favorite foods are fruits, especially oranges and pineapples, vegetables, CHOCOLATE, buffalo wings,cookies and fudgie brownies! Did I mention I like chocolate??
- I think eating clean organic food is important.
- I love going to the beach all year long.
- I love to read books.
- I love Disney World. Donald Duck is my favorite!
- I love rollercoasters.
- I always get the cupcake with the MOST frosting :)
- I LOVE animals and like to help out the animal shelters as much as possible.
- I'm silly and love to laugh a lot.
- I can't sing; but I do it anyway. YIKES!
- I don't like spiders or snakes... YUK!
- I teach Chinese students how to speak English through Skype.
- Most of all .... I LOVE MY JOB!!