BASIC NOTES FOR MOST SOFTWARE
- Copy – Control + C
- Paste – Control + V
- Select All – Control + A
- Kill Software – ALT + F4
- Unselect (Photoshop) – Control +D
- Reset To Default – ALT + DD
- Step Backwards – Control + Z, or Control + ALT + Z to step back multiple times in certain programs
PHOTOSHOP NOTES AND PICTURES
VIDEO EDITING - SONY VEGAS NOTES
- How many PIXELS are on the screen
- It’s a number times a number
- We are using 1920 X 1080 (HD resolution)
- Every project you do and create will have this resolution
- How many times a second the camera takes a image
- The higher the frame rate, the easier it is to do slow motion
- You will either be doing edits in 30 frames or 60 frames
- 30 frames – Normal Speed
- 60 frame – Slow motion
- Click where you want to cut on the video
- Hit “S” on your keyboard, it’s that easy!
- Slow Motion - Hold in control on keyboard, then pull the video clip LONG. You'll see a squiggle at the end of the clip that tells you it's OK to pull it
- Speed Up (RAMPS) - Hold in control on keyboard, then pull the video clip SHORT. You'll see a squiggle at the end of the clip that tells you it's OK to shrink it
- Transitions - When two clips overlap each other they fade between each other.
- Text Frames - Click on "Media Generators", then click on "Legacy Text". Drag what you want in to your timeline.
4k Video Downloader
- Find clip you want on Youtube
- Copy internet link (highlight it and hit control+c on keyboard)
- Open 4k Video Downloader and paste link there (control+v on keyboard)
- It will say "parsing". Now in top left corner click either "extract audio" or "download video" depending on which you want.
- Then hit the "browse" button or "..." in the bottom right corner which will allow you to save the file somewhere.
- Save it to your computer, and then drag it in to Sony Vegas from that folder.
Green Screen Techniques:
- Chroma Keying: Removal of a color in video editing
- Masking: Removal of certain portions of a video that you don't want
- Panning: Moving a video clip in any direction you wish
- Cropping: Zooming in and out on video clips