Book Battle Information 2018 - 2019
Book Battle Team 2018- out of 40 teams
- WE CAME IN 1st Again!!!
New List is out - 2018- 2019
To Make the Tryouts.
-Read All 15 Books by January[ TBA] independently.
- Have an overall 85% average.
- 2 Do-overs for failing a test. Re-Read the book.
- Failing is below 80%.
-Hand in your AR report once all 15 books have been read.
This year the try out test will be timed as in the real competition. 20 seconds to answer a multiple choice question after the question is read twice. 45 questions total.
There will be a tie breaker test - if needed. Short answer [7 questions]
The 6 students with the highest score will make the team.
Students who make the team read the books carefully.
The Battle of the Books is a reading motivation and comprehension book‐related competition for students in grades 3 – 12 and is sponsored by The School District of Lee County with incentive programs provided by Media Services.
Diplomat Book Battle History:
2008: 1st Place Lee County
2009: 1st Place Lee County
2010: Finalist Lee County
2011: 4th Place Lee County
2012: 2nd Place Lee County
2013: 1st Place Lee County
2014: Finalist Lee County
2015: 3rd Place Lee County
2016: 2nd Place Lee County
2017: 1st Place Lee County
2018: 1st Place Lee County
Who will make this year's team?
Will it be you?
Information on individual Book Battle Books - also known as the SSYRA Books.
Want to make this coming year's team? Rules -
- Tryout date Thursday January 17, 2019 @ 8:45
- Must Read ALL 15 books independently
- Pass the AR tests with and 85% average and with only 2 do-over.
- AR confirmation reports by 1/16 @ 2pm or earlier.
- Bring a pencil and your brain.
Want to make the Big Book Battle Party? By May 2019
- Read all 15 books independently by the May deadline and pass with an AR average of 85%.
- You may repeat 2 AR tests with classroom teacher approval.
- Teachers will send AR report verification - student's will receive a special party invitation.
- The party will be held in the media center. It is a red carpet affair and only open to those qualifying students.
- Every year the event gets bigger and better - thanks to our spirit coaches: Ms. Moise & Ms. Fournier
- Students are treated as celebrities and are rewarded with a memorable afternoon of fun.
Want to go on school news ?
- Every time you read one Book Battle Book and pass the AR test at 85%-
- You will get a Book Battle Sticker and can come on the news.
Want to earn a Book Battle Charm
- Every 5 books you read - earn a glow in the dark book charm.
- Your classroom teacher will notify the office.
2018 - 2019 Book Battle Committee Members:
- Coaches: Ms. Harclerode & Ms. Roberts
- Spirit: Ms. Moise & Mrs. Fournier
- Team Reviewers: Sessions begin for the team weekly starting in January/ 8:45 - 9:35
- Friday 1/25 Wish - Ms. Walworth
- Monday 1/28 Lights, Camera, Action - Ms. Edwards
- Monday 2/4 The Great Treehouse War - Ms. Keyes
- Friday 2/15 I Love You, Michael Collins - Ms. A. Reed
- ---------------- Book Fair Week
- Friday 3/1 Lemons - Mr. Boddy
- Monday 3/4 Home Sweet Motel - Ms. Irons
- Wednesday 3/6 Overboard - Ms. Clark
- --------------- Spring Break
- Monday 3/25 Ugly Cat & Pablo - Ms. Roberts
- Friday 4/5 Dragons & Marshmallows - Ms. Rodriguez
- Friday 4/12 Podkin, One Ear - Ms. Miller
- Monday 4/15 Doublecross - Ms. Woolbright
- Friday 4/26 The Ark Plan - Ms. Tejeda
- Friday 5/3 The Sweetest Sound - Ms. Mckeever
- ---------------- testing all week
- Tuesday 5/14 Spirit Week Down - Ms. Ziruolo
- Thursday 5/16 A True Home - Ms. Ontaneda
- Mock Practices to be 5/20, 5/21, 5/22 8:45
- Competition: May 24th 2019
- Book Battle Party/ TBA MAY 2019