Book Battle Team Information 2019 - 2020
Book Battle Team 2019- out of 37 teams
- WE CAME IN 2nd Place!!!
New List is out - 2019- 2020
To Make the Tryouts.
-Read All 15 Books by January[ TBA] independently.
- Have an overall 85% average.
- 2 Do-overs for failing a test. Re-Read the book.
- Failing is below 80%.
-Hand in your AR report once all 15 books have been read.
This year the try out test will be timed as in the real competition. 20 seconds to answer a multiple choice question after the question is read twice. 45 questions total.
There will be a tie breaker test - if needed. Short answer [7 questions]
The 6 students with the highest score will make the team.
Students who make the team read the books carefully.
The Battle of the Books is a reading motivation and comprehension book‐related competition for students in grades 3 – 12 and is sponsored by The School District of Lee County with incentive programs provided by Media Services.
Diplomat Book Battle History:
2008: 1st Place Lee County
2009: 1st Place Lee County
2010: Finalist Lee County
2011: 4th Place Lee County
2012: 2nd Place Lee County
2013: 1st Place Lee County
2014: Finalist Lee County
2015: 3rd Place Lee County
2016: 2nd Place Lee County
2017: 1st Place Lee County
2018: 1st Place Lee County
2019: 2nd Place Lee County
Who will make this year's team?
Will it be you?
Information on individual Book Battle Books - also known as the SSYRA Books.
Want to make this coming year's team? Rules -
- Tryout date January 2020 date TBA
- Must Read ALL 15 books independently
- Pass the AR tests with and 85% average and with only 2 do-over.
- AR confirmation reports by TBA 2pm or earlier.
- Bring a pencil and your brain.
Want to make the Big Book Battle Party? By May 2020
- Read all 15 books independently by the May deadline and pass with an AR average of 85%.
- You may repeat 2 AR tests with classroom teacher approval.
- Teachers will send AR report verification - student's will receive a special party invitation.
- The party will be held in the media center. It is a red carpet affair and only open to those qualifying students.
- Every year the event gets bigger and better - thanks to our spirit coaches: Ms. Moise & Ms. Fournier
- Students are treated as celebrities and are rewarded with a memorable afternoon of fun.
Want to go on school news ?
- Every time you read one Book Battle Book and pass the AR test at 85%-
- You will get a Book Battle Sticker and can come on the news.
2019 - 2020 Book Battle Committee Members:
- Coaches: Ms. Harclerode & Ms. Roberts
- Spirit: Ms. Fournier
- Team Reviewers: Sessions begin for the team weekly starting in January 2020 / 8:45 - 9:35
- Ms. Walworth - Ben Franklin's in My Bathroom
- Ms. Johnston - Dragon with a Chocolate Heart
- Ms. Keyes -Bob
- Ms. A. Reed - Annie's Life in Lists
- Ms. Lauricella - Superstar
- Ms. Irons - Survival Tails: The Titanic
- Ms. Clark - Enginerds
- Ms. Vaughn - Wedgie & Gizmo
- Ms. Rodriguez - Ghost Attack
- Ms. Miller - Tumble & Blue
- Ms. Woolbright - The Bicycle Spy
- Ms. Tejeda - The Ambrose Deception
- Ms. Mckeever - Sled Dog School
- Ms. Ziruolo - Stella Diaz Has Something to Say
- Ms. Ontaneda - Cosmic Commandos
- Mock Practices: TBA in May 2020
- Competition: TBA in May 2020
- Book Battle Party/ TBA MAY 2020