Book Battle & SSYRA 2020/2021
New List here Book Battle June 4th
Click on the picture above and go to the virtual library.
Diplomat Students who are in the race to tryout for our Team -1/13/2021
What is Book Battle ? A competition to encourage Reading!
- Elementary Schools throughout Lee County send a 6 member team to battle out questions on each of the above books. THIS YEAR THE COMPETITION WILL BE VIRTUAL.
- At Diplomat we have made the finals every year & won the competition 5 times. See more
- At our school the TEAM TRYOUT is in Wendesday January 27th for any 3rd, 4th and 5th graders who have read 12 out of the 15 books.
- The tryout is a timed mutliple choice test and the 6 students who score the highest make the team.
- Usually over 100 students try to read all 15 books. New - if you Read all 12 out of the 15 books by January your may try out for the team -- however the test will have questions from all 15 books.
- At tryout there is close to 25 students who have read all 15 books.
How can I make the team? Read the tips here.
What if I try out for the team, but don't make it?
- You get your picture on the #Read All 15 wall.
- You get to come to the end of the year party.
- You get a silver medal - plus chocolate
What if it takes longer to real all 15 Book Battle Books?
- You get to go the the end of the year reading party.
- And you get a bronze medal - plus chocolate.
Team Information Here - including review teachers
To Try out for the Team in January .
- Read 12 out of the 15 books by mid January.
- Turn in your AR reports on all 12 books.
- Showing you have an 85% average for the total tests.
- No AR test score below 80%.
- You may under teacher direction have 2 do-overs.
- So you would re-read the books and test again.