Keep Reading All Year
with Teacher Librarian Mrs. Harclerode
Want to read library books from home
- Use Overdrive.
1. First Log into your chromebook and go to launchpad - also called MY APPS.
- If you are using your home computer - then go https:/launchpad.leeschools.net
- They will ask for your username & password.
- Username = has your intitials and 5 numbers @students.leeschools.net
- Password = your district ID number
- Contact your teacher if you don't know your username & password.
2. Now look for Instructional Apps in Launchpad
- It's the big O for overdrive.
- Once you open overdrive - you can search for a title in the search bar
- Or use filters to get just what you want.
3. Search for your book.
- The green arrow shows where you can just type in your title.
- The red arrow shows where you can narrow your search.
- Collections, Subjects or Levels.
- Levels will let you choose AR books.
- Under levels you will see ATOS.
- ATOS means AR.
4. Check out a book.
- Available books have a black book icon in the corner.
- The grey book icon means it's checked out.
- You will have the book for 14 days.
- After 14 days it will disappear from your account.
- You can check out 3 books at a time.
- You are not downloading the book.
- You are reading it in your browser.
5. Overdrive Help to download or print
BOOK FAIR was a Success!!
We made over $3000 to buy new books for our library!!!
471 books bought for teachers !!!!
The Read and Relax Reward went to ....
First Grade with 84 books bought for teachers classrooms.
Third Grade won with 90 books bought for teachers' classrooms
16 students tried out for the 2020 Book Battle Team.
Above our the 6 students who made this year's team.
Hours We Are Open
For Book Check Out:
8:30 - 9:20, 9:50 - 10:35, 10:50 - 11:30, 11:50 - 12:30, 1:10 - 2:55
3 Book Check Out for 14 Days
10 Days for Book Battle Books
Only 1 Hot Pink [0.1 - 0.9] AR books at time.
Where do you want to go?
lessons, research links, news and fun
Trailers on Mrs. H youtube channel
Destiny Library Catalog / Launchpad
- for our books, e books & research databases
- best to use Launchpad to access
-go to Instructional Apps & select Destiny
Overdrive E Books / Launchpad
- best to use Launchpad
- go to Instructional Apps & select Overdrive
online activities from Mrs. H
gateway for all your apps with your Student Single Sign On
Note at school, sites will often open up directly - but the preferred method is to use launchpads to access the library catalog, databases, e books from overdrive and even the book trailers . Once in launchpad you should only have to sign in one time and your good to go. Teachers sign in the way you would when you open your computer.
Go through LaunchPad
Students sign in using your
Student Single Sign On
USER NAME = media [that AR log in] 7 alpha & digits.
PASSWORD = lunch number [District ID] 8 digits .
Library/ Media classes are part of the specials rotation where students learn about reading, informational and digital literacies. Students can check out books at the end of their class, as well as any time their teacher sends them.
Your Librarian Mrs. Harclerode
READ IT READ IT READ IT
* Some links for students do not work on student stations due to current firewall issues. ---
However they do work from all teacher stations and also for home use.