PARENT ADVISORY COUNCIL (PAC)
The Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) is comprised of one parent representative from each grade level (PreK-5) as well as the PTO President(s)/Designee. They meet with the Principal and other staff (as needed) on a monthly basis during the school year. Members work together to:
- Identify common needs and goals among the parents of students enrolled in Mount Prospect School and facilitate strategies to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our parent organization.
- Provide the Principal with feedback and insight from the parent’s perspective on school process, policies and initiatives to ensure that the needs of parents and their families are included as decisions are made in the school.
- Bring to the principal’s attention existing and emerging issues expressed by parents at the school.
- Serve as an advisory, not a decision-making body, that makes recommendations, encourages brainstorming and provides opportunities for parent involvement on committees and task forces.
- Facilitate communication between and among the school administration and the school community and serve as a forum for sharing innovations and best practices from different resources.
Basis for Establishment
The Parent Advisory Committee is comprised of one parent representatives from each grade (PreK-5) and the PTO President(s)/Designee. They meet with the Principal and other school staff on a monthly basis during the school year to discuss a variety of topics, share information and broaden understanding of school-related issues.
- The Parent Representatives will survey the community for questions/concerns/need for information and send this information to one PTO President.
- The PTO President will compile the list and submit to the Principal no later than the FRIDAY preceding the meeting. The Principal will delineate items for discussion and set the final agenda.
- The Principal’s secretary will send out the final agenda to the PAC members by the Wednesday preceding the meeting.
- Notes will be taken and finalized by Principal and PTO President(s).
- Notes will be shared on PTO website and Principal’s webpage.
All meetings occur from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. at the Mount Prospect School Conference Room.
Meetings for 2016–17 school year are scheduled as follows:
September 30, 2016 PAC Minutes 9-30-16.pdf
October 14, 2016
December 2, 2016
January 13, 2017
March 10, 2017
April 23, 2017
May 4, 2017
Members and Information
Notes from the 2016-2017 school year can be found on the Mount Prospect School website. www.mpspto.com
2016-2017 Parent Advisory Council Representatives
Preschool: Mrs. Catherine Santaiti
CBAP: Mrs. Melissa Panzarella
Kindergarten: Mrs. Narinder Parmar
First Grade: Mrs. Lakshmi Natarajan
Second Grade: Mrs. Dana Bhargava
Third Grade: Ms. Chitra Sabapathi
Fourth Grade: Mrs. Elisa Shernoff
Fifth Grade: Mrs. Kala Hariharan
PTO Liaison: Chrissy Bennett & Tissiana Oliva
Principal: Joanne M. Hozeny
Assistant Principal: Mike Pepitone