Welcome 5th Grade Historians!! The fifth grade curriculum covers the earliest Native Americans to settle the North American continent to the beginning of the Revolutionary War. This includes exploration and colonization of America. We will also study current events and the basic geography of the United States, in addition, singing the states and capitals song will be offered as extra credit.
- 45% Tests and Projects
- 25% Quizzes
- 20% Class Work and Homework
- 10% C.A.P (Cooperation, Attitude and Participation)
**Make sure that you put your full name, date and class period on each assignment.
**All homework should be completed with pencil.
- 10 points will be taken off for each day late up to 5 days.
- One day grace is given for each excused absent.
- Please contact me in case you have special circumstances.
Students should turn late work into the Late Work Basket. Write the word "Absent" at the top of work that is late due to an absence.
If Your Child is Absent:
- Check my school Web Site which will list homework assignments. Should your child have questions about homework or assignments I suggest he/she call or email a classmate. Also, I am usually available after school if students need my assistance.
- Students should pick up missed worksheets from extra worksheet basket.
*****If you have any concern you may contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.