Welcome! For those of you who have not yet met me, I'd like to introduce myself. I was born and raised in Philadelphia, however, my heart has always been here at the shore! I graduated in 1975 from East Stroudsburg University, a wonderful Health and Physical Education college located in the Pocono Mountains. I have been teaching for 27 years although I've held various positions in Education for over 30 years. I'm happy to say that I am beginning my 17th year in Northfield and hope to continue teaching here for many years to come.
In order for you to gain some insight into what I feel is important in my classroom, I would like to share some of my thoughts:
1. Every student has the right to do the best that he/she can in an atmosphere that encourages the best.
2. In order to bring out the best in each student, the atmosphere must be one of mutual respect- students must be tolerant of each other's differences.
3. There are no "super-stars"- every student is a success as long as he/she gives 100% and does his/her individual best.
4. Physical Education is an integral part of life and it is my mission to encourage my students to learn to love physical activity.
5. My role as the teacher is to facilitate the growth of each student physically, intellectually, and emotionally.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me or email. You may reach me at 407-4005, extension #6940. Please leave a message and I will return your call/email as soon as possible.