Alder Avenue Middle School Library Policies
These policies should be followed at all times. Following these policies will help maintain order and efficiency, which allows for a better working environment for both Alder staff members and students.
- You cannot leave the media center without permission and a pass.
- No food, gum or beverages are permitted in labs or main area of the media center.
- Clean up before you leave.
- Only school-approved computer games are permitted.
- If you have a problem with a computer notify us immediately. DO NOT try to fix the problem yourself.
- Return books, magazines and chairs to where you found them.
- Respect the "quietness" of the Media Center.
CHECKING OUT BOOKS AND PERIODICALS
- Unless put on reserve by a teacher, books and magazines may be signed out for 10 school days. Playaways may be borrowed for 5 school days. Items may be renewed as necessary.
- Students may borrow 2 books, 1 book and 1 playaway, or 1 book and 1 magazine.
AVOID THOSE NASTY FINES! RETURN YOUR BOOKS AND PERIODICALS ON TIME
All Fines waived for 2020-2021 school year because of school closures. Please return materials if you have any.
Under normal circumstances:
- A Fine of $.05 a day is charged for each day a book is overdue.
- Once a student has more than .50¢, they may not continue to borrow library materials.
- A lost book will carry a fine up to the purchase price of the book.
- Outstanding obligations will result in the withholding of final reports cards.
- If you have a problem paying your fines contact Mrs. Yacovelli.