Community Service Requirement for School Year 2019-2020
All students in US History (Themes, CP, Honors, and sophomores in AP) must complete 25 hours of community service. The links below will direct you to information about this required project.
Click here for an overview of the community service requirement and a Community Service Project To Do list.
The following items/tasks must be completed in order for students to successfully satisfy the community service requirement within their US History course. Information about each element and links to relevant materials can be found below.
- Approval of Organization. If the organization is not already on the approved list (revised May 1, 2019), then submit an online approval form. Requests for approval must be completed by students, using their bernardsboe.com Gmail account and Gmail address. You will receive an automated email with the decision. Check your spam, and email me if you do not hear within one week of submission.
- Community Service Log signed by the organization's supervisor. Submit this to your US History teacher upon completion of the Reflective Assignment.
- Community Service Reflective Assignment. Submit this to your US History teacher with the Community Service Log. If you complete your hours in the spring or summer of 2019, you can turn in the reflective assignment to your teacher by the end of September 2019.
Community service hours should be completed by April 30, 2020. Check with your teacher for the specific due date of the log and reflection, but we strongly recommend it be completed within 30 days of service completion.
Links to information and requirements:
- Community Service Requirement in US History for School Year 2019-2020
- Link to Approved Organizations (revised May 1, 2019)
- Link to Online Community Service Approval Form (For Students)
-Please check the list of approved organizations to see if the organization with which you'd like to work is already on the approved list before submitting a request for approval
-The request for approval must be completed by the student, using his/her bernardsboe.com email. Expect a response within 7 days. If you do not receive a response within 7 days, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Requests for approval will be considered through marking period 3.
These requirements should be submitted to your US History teacher within 30 days of completion of the service project.
For Bernards Township Staff wishing to apply to have an organization added to the approved list:
For more information about Community Service, including:
- Community Service Opportunities, short and long-term
- Bernards Township Library is seeking student volunteers for summer 2019 - click here for more information
- Ridge High School Community Service Awards
Visit the Ridge High School website, Community Service Opportunities
For more information about National Honor Society Community Service Requirements, visit the Ridge High School NHS website.