Community Service Requirement for School Year 2018-19
All students in US History (Themes, CP, Honors, and sophomores in AP) must complete 25 hours of community service. The links below will direct you to information about this required project.
Click here for an overview of the community service requirement and a Community Service Project To Do list.
The following items/tasks must be completed in order for students to complete the community service requirement within their US History course. All information about this requirement can be found at the links below.
- Approval of Organization. If the organization is not already on the approved list (revised June 1, 2018), then submit an online approval form. You will receive an automated email with the decision. Check your spam, and email me if you do not hear within one week of submission.
- Community Service Log. signed by the organization's supervisor. Submit this to your US History teacher upon completion of the Reflective Assignment.
- Community Service Reflective Assignment. Submit this to your US History teacher with the Community Service Log. If you complete your hours in the spring or summer of 2017, you can turn in the reflective assignment to your teacher by the end of September 2018.
Community service hours should be completed by April 30, 2019. Check with your teacher for the specific due date of the log and reflection, but we strongly recommend it be completed within 30 days of service completion.
Links to each requirement.
- Community Service Requirement in US History for School Year 2018-19
- Link to Approved Organizations (revised June 1, 2018)
- Link to Online Community Service Approval Form (For Students)
- Community Service Log
- Community Service Reflective Assignment
- Community Service Project Approval Form (For Bernards Township Staff)
For more information about Community Service, including:
- Community Service Opportunities, short and long-term
- Ridge High School Community Service Awards
Visit the Ridge High School website, Community Service Opportunities