Important Kindergarten Information
Please read carefully
Important Kindergarten Information
Please read carefully
- Your child will need a backpack that is easy for him or her to carry. Please have their name written on it and a bus pass attached (if applicable).
- Please do not send backpacks with wheels. They do not fit in the cubbies and are difficult to maneuver up and down the stairs.
- Have your child practice putting his/her things inside and zipping it up! This is a great way to practice independence and prepares them for packing up at dismissal time.
- I will supply your child with a pocket folder. This folder will contain important notes, messages not only on the first day, but throughout the school year. It will also have your child’s school work inside.
- Please check and empty it every night with your child. This helps to foster responsibility, ownership and is a good conversation piece.
- The children will need the following supplies for the beginning of the school year. Please do not label the supplies with your child’s name. We share all of the classroom supplies.
- 6 or more large Elmer’s glue sticks
- 1 small bottle of Elmer’s liquid glue
- 2 boxes of 24 Crayola crayons
- 2 boxes of 10 or 12 Crayola thin markers
- 1 pair of Fiskar children’s scissors
- 4 chisel tip dry erase markers
- 4 highlighter markers
- 1 pkg of watercolor paint
- Crayola colored pencils, Crayola markers thick or thin (variety colors/tropical, fluorescent, etc.), reams of copy paper (white and colored), scotch tape, stapler, staples, letter/alphabet stickers, pencils and erasers. We always, always need extra glue sticks too!
- The following are optional but always appreciated. They will be used in our writing and art center.
Small Blanket or Towel
- Each day we will be having a quiet time. Your child will have a chance to rest, nap, listen to quiet music, and/or look at a book (once routines are established). The blanket or towel will go home at the end of the week to be washed and returned on Monday.
- Please make sure the blanket is small enough so your child can easily fit it into his/her backpack! An oversized blanket or towel makes it very difficult for the children to fit everything in the backpacks.
- Children may also bring one small stuffed animal to rest with if they so choose.
- Lunch and outdoor recess will take place from 12:00-12:50. Lunch aides will be there to assist the children every day during recess and in the cafeteria. Your Kindergartener will go to lunch first and then to recess.
- If your child wishes to purchase lunch, please send money in an envelope or baggy labeled with:
Your child's name (first and last)
Lunch $ and amount
K - Mrs. Bubnowski
- You may also pay in advance by putting money into your child’s online lunch account. For more information on the menu, pricing, purchasing and setting up a lunch account please visit www.bernardsboe.com
- A monthly lunch menu is posted online each month. It’s helpful for them to know what they are buying before they come to school so they can choose their lunch when they arrive in the morning.
- During the day, we will have time allotted for snack. Please be sure to send in something small and nutritious that will satisfy the rumbling tummy of your Kindergartener. I encourage healthy snacks as they will give us the energy that we need for the day rather than the up and down energy levels from sugary snacks. Some suggestions may include fruit, vegetables, crackers, cheese, pretzels, raisins, or yogurt. Again, it is important that your child come to school daily with a small snack in addition to their daily lunch routines. Due to allergies we are not allowed to share snacks.
Related Arts Schedule
Monday: 1:30-2:20 P.E. (sneakers must be worn)
Tuesday: 1:30-2:20 Library/Technology
Wednesday: 1:30-2:20 Music
Thursday: 1:30-2:20 P.E. (sneakers must be worn)
Friday: 1:30-2:20 Art
- The art teacher will be sending home an Artsonia form that will need to be completed as well as a collection form for sketchbooks. Please be on the lookout for those forms in your child’s folder.
- The music teacher is requesting that each child bring in a notebook to keep in music class.
It can be a marble notebook or a spiral notebook. Please label the cover with child’s name.
- Due to the wide spread of food allergies, we will not be celebrating birthdays with food treats. We WILL however, celebrate birthdays with a Birthday Mylar balloon and a book donated to our classroom library. These books will stay in a special birthday bin.
- Birthday Balloon & Guest Reader: On the day of your child’s birthday celebration you are welcome to send in a Birthday Mylar balloon that we will attach to your child’s chair. You may also come in as a guest reader. Please send me an email ahead of time so that we can arrange a time.
- PARTY INVITATIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE SENT HOME THROUGH SCHOOL, THEY MUST BE MAILED.
- For the first few days of school, Kindergarten students will meet in the cafeteria. Teachers and support staff are assigned Kindergarten Duty to assist the students to and from the cafeteria. I will be there waiting for them.
- Please do not take them to the cafeteria yourself. We want to establish a sense of independence as soon as possible. In addition, there is absolutely no available parking at Liberty Corner School.
- Remember to be encouraging and positive to set the tone for your child! They will follow your lead. Let them know how proud you are of them and that they are ready for Kindergarten!
- At Open House on Wednesday, September 4th, please indicate how your child will be dismissed each day on the sign-up sheet provided.
- All Liberty Corner students are walked to their dismissal location by a teacher.
Change in Dismissal
- If there is a change in your child’s dismissal, please notify the office staff (Mrs. Teal Barth and Mrs. Sandra Kaiser) and myself by calling (908) 204-2550 ext. 100 or email and cc all at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- If your child is absent please notify the school nurse, Robin Youtkus by phone at (908) 204-2550 ext 104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, the morning of your child’s absence.
- My monthly newsletters will be posted on my Oncourse Webpage for you to learn about the happenings of our classroom. Please use it as a discussion piece with your Kindergartener.