Welcome to 7th Grade Math! I look forward to getting to know each one of you and how you think mathematically.
To begin, in this class answers only will not be accepted. You will be challenged to explain how you got your answers, retracing the steps you took to solve the problems. From listening to your fellow students share their solution processes, you will realize that there are alternate methods of solving the same problem. As the year progresses, you will add many different problem solving strategies to your math tool box.
At the end of the last school year, I asked my students to write down some advice for next year's 7th grade students. They were asked to focus on practices they would recommend to be successful in 7th grade math. The following are some of their suggestions:
- Always read your agenda carefully. (It tells you when assignments are due!)
- Study for tests and quizzes. (It helps to actually read over your class notes!)
- Do your homework. (Make sure you do all the problems that were assigned!)
- Pay attention in class. (It helps you do your homework much faster!)
- Show all your work. (Mrs. Henry loves that!)
Finally, please do not be afraid or ashamed to ask for help. It shows me that you care about understanding the material. Help is available each week. Please check the weekly agenda for specific days.
Looking forward to a great year!
Mrs. Mary Henry