WELCOME TO 8TH GRADE ENGLISH!
Over the course of this year, we will become more efficient readers and writers by engaging in activities that will be challenging and interesting.
- Be on time to class, focused, and ready to participate.
- Respect yourself, your teacher, classmates, and property. Behavior modifications range from verbal warnings and detentions, to parent contact and administration action.
- Take an active role in your education; ask questions, seek extra help, utilize Home Access Center and the homework websites.
- Be prepared with your English binder, Assignment Pad, and writing utensil.
- Homework should be on your desk ready to be checked.
- Begin working on the Do Now (even if the late bell has not rung).
- Do not pack up at the end of class until instructed to do so.
- Remain in your seat until dismissed (regardless of whether the bell has rung or not).
- If you are absent please make sure to retrieve all handouts from the folders on the front board.
- You will be graded according to the board-approved policy for WAMS.
- Homework assignments will be worth 5-10 points.
- Other assignments (essays, projects, tests, etc.) will be scored at varying amounts (20-100 points), many through the use of rubrics and criteria sheets.
- Late assignments will receive reduced credit.
“The District maintains non-mandated student records until they are no longer necessary to provide educational services to a student. Student work and other classroom artifacts not returned to students during the school year (such as tests, quizzes, essays and art projects) may be disposed of by the District after September 15th of the following school year, subject to reasonable attempts to obtain parent or adult student consent.”
Online text login:
1. Click on link to online text (it's over there to the left!)
2. Username: wams82
3. Password: viking2014
STEINBECK A&E BIOGRAPHY: